Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

were good years.

1992 was the worst wind ever. 2009 was a close second

'92 must have been REALLY bad then. 

Back in those days we still had the unconventional category where Loyd Wright and Wimpie van der Merwe used to dominated and I remember 92(my 2nd argus) when we came down the hill into fish hoek they where both on the side walk removing the sides of their bikes in order to just carry on as they couldn't stay upright otherwise.

Flip now we going back to the good old days.

Does CTCT offer live tracking of athletes like OMTOM does?

If you have BBM on your smartphone and the person you want to track has BBM you can use the Glympse feature within BBM which shows location and movement live. Useful for everyday life, not only event tracking.

If you have BBM on your smartphone and the person you want to track has BBM you can use the Glympse feature within BBM which shows location and movement live. Useful for everyday life, not only event tracking.

Used that last year. It is better than nothing. It wasn't 100% accurate as at times showed I was stationary and got family worried. But did the job. Will use it again this year and now we know it might not show our location 100% all the time.

We have it on team DJR phones, so we can find anyone that gets lost. :thumbup: Boys made their mother promise not to "stalk" them though! ;)

Used that last year. It is better than nothing. It wasn't 100% accurate as at times showed I was stationary and got family worried. But did the job. Will use it again this year and now we know it might not show our location 100% all the time.

We have it on team DJR phones, so we can find anyone that gets lost. :thumbup: Boys made their mother promise not to "stalk" them though! ;)

Actually realized over the weekend that one of the cycling apps I use (Runtastic Mountain Bike) has a live tracking feature and that people tracking can actually send cheers and messages of support to my phone. So sorted, thanks..

Looking at the Main Road around Muizenberg, it looks like Boyes Drive is a certainty?

Thats not a bad thing, I always think the Argus needs a good climb earlier in the race to break up the groups before the fast sections along the Blue Route and such.

Archived