Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Well, this is my last post from the northern hemisphere. See y'all in CPT :clap: :clap: :clap:

whoop whoop!

Have a safe trip. I'm right behind you. Well almost. Few more days of work.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful in the roadworks section through Muizenberg. I think its going be to be dangerous with big groups threading through the narrowed sections.

Chapmans Peak decent into Hout Bay shouldn't be any worse than last year i.e. Ok'ish

Curious if the fire in the area will have an impact on the route being changed for safety.  Surely the fire would damage the safety nets above Chappies...

CT Cycle Tour week fellows peddlers, pray to the weather gods this wind dies down. For the race and the fire :)

Curious if the fire in the area will have an impact on the route being changed for safety.  Surely the fire would damage the safety nets above Chappies...

The nets are metal, so I'd guess that they'd be ok?

But if it rains after the fire (which it is predicted to do - slightly) we could be in for mud slides...

I reckon a whole lot of people (around 30 000) are all looking at the weather right now wondering about there ride.

The Cycle Trust must be in emergency meetings right now debating about executing plan b route change.

We were meant to be at a function at Tintsawlo lodge on Saturday night :) but at 04H00 this morning it burnt down :( . With it being dark they could not use the choppers ... and of course the wind is playing havoc so they would not go up anyway.

The nets are nowhere near the fire. The sections that's burning is the northern slope. Chapmans Peak is closed due to the smoke on the northern slope and the need for Firemen to gain access. Don't need dumbasses taking pics for instagram and then needing tobe rescued while the firemen have real jobs to do.

Be careful in the roadworks section through Muizenberg. I think its going be to be dangerous with big groups threading through the narrowed sections.

Chapmans Peak decent into Hout Bay shouldn't be any worse than last year i.e. Ok'ish

I have a string feeling we're going over Boyes Drive.

I have a string feeling we're going over Boyes Drive.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

May even make the rest of the race a bit safer, weed the big bunches out a bit!!

Haven't done boyes drive before:

is it something to worry about?

Not really - a few small hills, nothing much.

But then I do it fairly often.  

Only 5Days15hours5minutes left before the big day guys. 

Welcome to all the Cuzzies and Aunties from Durban, All the Chaanas an Cherries from Gauteng,All the Bra's and Stukkies from Slunnies and everyone in between.

Enjoy Cape Town !!!

See you all at the stat line  :w00t: .

Im sending a non cycelist to colect how wil this work?

You will be able to collect race packs for other riders provided that you bring at least one valid RaceTec/Winning Time chip. However, please ensure that the person on whose behalf you are collecting has a valid RaceTec chip as he/she will not be able to access the start area without one.

And then I do not have a race number, how can I get this.

I can not seem to find a lot of info on Registration.

Going to be some considerable pressure on the Entilini appointed engineer to declare the Chapmans Peak drive safe, the last time it burnt like last night it took a while to reopen it.

Wonder if they tell the choppers to not drop a swimming pool of water on the cliffs above the road where it is currently burning.

Hope and pray no rain before Sunday. 

Archived