This Bike Spotted at Ballito Junction

Scotty P

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Scotty, you have the balls none of the haters on this thread has. :clap:

While driving to work the other day [July someday] I saw this guy riding a GT Zaskar Carbon [one of those "Chrome" ones with Full XT] and he stopped at the traffic light. At first I was suspicious of the guy [not looking anything like a cyclist] in full winter attire on a quite expensive bike. I think there were 2/3 of the same model stolen in Pretoria East this year alone.

Just before I wanted to say "Wow dude, nice bike. Where'd you buy it" he pulled off one of the best track-stands I've seen in a while. Something that you would see at the USN races in the track-stand competitions. I was like :"This guy is the real deal, swallowed my tongue and drove away." haha

Edited by DACoetzee

I'm just waiting for the day some nosy tosser comes up to me and asks me where I got my bike from.......just because I don't "look the part".

fair enough - I found your picture online:

post-62468-0-65200600-1409143581_thumb.jpg

It's always encouraging when cyclists look out for each other, that goes without saying.

I find it offensive when people make value judgements based on people's dress, their, skin colour (I hear the chorus "Oh no never, not me" in the background...), their economic status, etc.

Simply put: A black man in overalls with his stuff in a Checkers packet may well be one of the guys working on a nearby building site. He could well have bought that cheap Diamondback and probably uses it to commute, to save money and possibly even to get fit. (You dont deny him that, I'm sure?)

The general assumption seems to be that he couldn't possibly actually own that bike. That is offensive because it is inherently racist.

The holy hubbers will always have something g to say.good job to the OP. Unfortunately we have to look after ourselves. He did nothing offensive,just asked and got a pick. If it was not stolen then no harm done.

Thanks Scotty. With the rampage of bike snatching/hijacking/stealing going on here in CT, we need more people that are willing to be nosy tossers.

First time I've ever taken 'nosy tosser' as a compliment :thumbup:

It's always encouraging when cyclists look out for each other, that goes without saying.

I find it offensive when people make value judgements based on people's dress, their, skin colour (I hear the chorus "Oh no never, not me" in the background...), their economic status, etc.

Simply put: A black man in overalls with his stuff in a Checkers packet may well be one of the guys working on a nearby building site. He could well have bought that cheap Diamondback and probably uses it to commute, to save money and possibly even to get fit. (You dont deny him that, I'm sure?)

The general assumption seems to be that he couldn't possibly actually own that bike. That is offensive because it is inherently racist.

Get over this racist crap. The reality is that the last bike that was stolen probably wasn't stolen by a middle aged executive in a Armani suit. Nothing to do with race.

I'm just waiting for the day some nosy tosser comes up to me and asks me where I got my bike from.......just because I don't "look the part".

Just another reason why the Hub forums have become a farce. Instead of seeing the post for the intentions that ScottyP had the forum members jump at the opportunity to attack him. Seriously guys, think of how his post could help someone who's had their bike stolen.

Just another reason why the Hub forums have become a farce. Instead of seeing the post for the intentions that ScottyP had the forum members jump at the opportunity to attack him. Seriously guys, think of how his post could help someone who's had their bike stolen.

So why does he not post photos of every bike he comes across. Stolen High end bikes get sold to lycra wearing cheapskates. Commuters normally ride cheap bikes specially old Makro mountain bikes.

MAYBE YOU HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH TIME ON THAT HORSE OF YOURS,,,,,,,,,

IT HAS BEEN PROVEN A FEW TIMES PEOPLE TRUSTING THEIR GUT HAS PAID OFF FOR SOME HUBBERS, NOT ALWAYS, BUT THERE HAVE BEEN A FEW HAPPY ENDINGS i will always check out guys who dont fit the profile of their rides, black,white,chinese,indian

read ANYONE,,,,,

NOT EVERTYTHING IS ABOUT RACE, SOME THINGS JUST LOOK OUT OF PLACE

IF I SEE A WHITE TIK BABY ON A DOGMA YOU CAN BE DAMMM SURE I AM GOING TO HAVE A WORD WITH HIM, NOT BECAUSE HE IS WHITE BECAUSE HE SHOULDNT BE ON THAT BIKE SIMPLE

where did race come in to it?? did he mention the skin colour of the owner anywhere?? get off your high horse