This Bike Spotted at Ballito Junction

Scotty P

A buddy of mine gave his old 26 inch bike to his gardener. A week later the guy brought it back and said that no matter where he rides, people were accusing him of theft. He could not even sell it to buy a less conspicuous bike to commute on as the shop that he went to to sell the bike threatened to call the cops.

My buddy went to the same shop with the old receipt in his pocket to show to the buyer, but the buyer did not even ask for it, as he was nicely dressed (branded T-shirt and strops beats the gardener's chino and button down shirt apparently). Sold it for R4k and gave the cash to the gardener who bought a cheapie for R3k, got a helmet and lights with the change.

Pity that a guy now has to ride a makro special because the XT-specced sub 11kg bike he got as a present was putting him into so much difficulty.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/fca3815cf0727c42b7560cd7b75873ac/tumblr_n8fmv3eQfP1totkqyo3_500.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A buddy of mine gave his old 26 inch bike to his gardener. A week later the guy brought it back and said that no matter where he rides, people were accusing him of theft. He could not even sell it to buy a less conspicuous bike to commute on as the shop that he went to to sell the bike threatened to call the cops.

My buddy went to the same shop with the old receipt in his pocket to show to the buyer, but the buyer did not even ask for it, as he was nicely dressed (branded T-shirt and strops beats the gardener's chino and button down shirt apparently). Sold it for R4k and gave the cash to the gardener who bought a cheapie for R3k, got a helmet and lights with the change.

Pity that a guy now has to ride a makro special because the XT-specced sub 11kg bike he got as a present was putting him into so much difficulty.

its no different to women... if you have a nice set of .. um.. mammary glands, then everyone thinks they are fake. People are just so judgemental.

A buddy of mine gave his gardener an old Schwinn frame, kitted with ancient XTR. People only confronted him for two days. After that, he had stuffed the bike up so good and solid that there were no doubts as to who it belonged. The transformation was fast and somewhat shocking.

its no different to women... if you have a nice set of .. um.. mammary glands, then everyone thinks they are fake. People are just so judgemental.

Pull that zipper down on that COFBA shirt of yours and Ill give you my honest opinion

Back in the '80's when I raced BMX, I would have given my left ball for a Diamondback.....

A Diamondback BMX cost my brother his left ball. It was a horrendous crash

Not related to cycling but it helps to give a damn .When i was returning from school after picking up my daugters we noticed a school case lying on the pavement at dusk .We stopped and retrieved the case ,phoned the owner and found out that he did not even know his case was missing .After giving his parents the info where we found it ,they went and retrieved their laptop bag with all important documents in that his dad had worked on for months in the same area .Turned out that their car was broken into and said items stolen while they were attending a school function

Edited by Blitzer

So your positive experience with the police should warrant the thousands of people who have had negative experiences with the police to not voice the opinion. I think you are talking shite.

Now now, who said anything about "thousands of people who have had negative experiences with the police to not voice the opinion"?

I simply stated my experience and how the police recovered the bike and for that I say well done to the SAPS for doing their job.

we can go off in a thousand tangents fact remains, awareness means we heading in the right direction, dont ride in this area its dangerous, i saw a guy on a bike doesnt "sit" well the victim can go look, when you hear you neighbour screaming, look report, easy if you wrong you wrong, think how you would feel if you done nothing only to find out family bruatally killed, there is nothing wrong with looking out for your fellow humans, sometimes wrong calls will be made, sometimes lives will be changed

now im off to make sure my wife is on the treadmill still and she hasnt broken free, or changed the speed

I am willing to take the risk of your banning.

Thats cause you have met me and you KNOW I am a guy.. hahahaha

Now now, who said anything about "thousands of people who have had negative experiences with the police to not voice the opinion"?

I simply stated my experience and how the police recovered the bike and for that I say well done to the SAPS for doing their job.

Dunno maybe I understand this statement incorrectly. You said: And this nonsense of bad mouthing the police needs to stop,

If someone is proud of being honest and constructive in telling his wife she's fat I suppose I should not expect him to understand the nuances of profiling people based on appearance.

Do you shake your wife's hand when it's her birthday ?

One's wife should be your best friend and the one person you should be able to be the most brutally honest with.

But on a different note, if Dips does not want the mother of my kids, I will pull in.