This Bike Spotted at Ballito Junction

Scotty P

IT HAS BEEN PROVEN A FEW TIMES PEOPLE TRUSTING THEIR GUT HAS PAID OFF FOR SOME HUBBERS, NOT ALWAYS, BUT THERE HAVE BEEN A FEW HAPPY ENDINGS i will always check out guys who dont fit the profile of their rides, black,white,chinese,indian

read ANYONE,,,,,

NOT EVERTYTHING IS ABOUT RACE, SOME THINGS JUST LOOK OUT OF PLACE

IF I SEE A WHITE TIK BABY ON A DOGMA YOU CAN BE DAMMM SURE I AM GOING TO HAVE A WORD WITH HIM, NOT BECAUSE HE IS WHITE BECAUSE HE SHOULDNT BE ON THAT BIKE SIMPLE

That's why I phoned the cops when I saw you on your Colnago

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I phoned the cops when I saw you on your Colnago

GOOD CALL CAUSE I GOT IT FOR "FREE" FROM A HUBBER :ph34r: :ph34r:

Hi guys, spotted this bike at Ballito Junction last night. Guy claims he bought it. Seemed like a decent enough chap, so could be true. Was a bit suspicious as he was in overalls, and his 'briefcase' was a plastic bag. Said he had a cool bike & asked if I could take a photo. All I could really see in the dark was that it was a Diamondback.........

1. "He claims he bought it" You must have asked him how he got it to get this response, no? How do you ask this without implying that he nicked it?

2. You couldn't even see the bike properly, you were just guessing (incorrectly) that it was expensive.

3. You make a joking reference to his "briefcase"

In other words "You look too poor to afford that bike that I can't really see properly, so let me just take a photo so I can ask people if you stole it from them."

I'm aware that your hearts in the right place, but that is pretty offensive if you ask me.

1. "He claims he bought it" You must have asked him how he got it to get this response, no? How do you ask this without implying that he nicked it?

2. You couldn't even see the bike properly, you were just guessing (incorrectly) that it was expensive.

In other words "You look too poor to afford that bike that I can't really see properly, so let me just take a photo so I can ask people if you stole it from them."

I'm aware that your hearts in the right place, but that is pretty offensive if you ask me.

WE have pretty much established this was a "bad" call, but as soo many hubbers have said, rather a bad call than no call because some are all trying to be "too correct", many bikes have been recovered in this manner its not a science sometimes the guys get it wrong, then a simple IM SORRY have a nice day,

offensive you say, thats your opinion and we all got one, if that was my bike i would be dam grateful to that "offensive person" for making some sort of a attempt to get a bike back to its owner

Does it have to be an expensive, top of the range bike to be potentialy stolen? Are they the only bikes that gets stolen?

I'm riding an old Giant Xtc that I resprayed to bring it up to date.Looked around for specials / good quality 2nd hand parts so that I can upgrade it.

Most guys won't look at it twice, but it is my pride and joy.

So if it gets stolen, and some nosy racist asks the "new owner" where he got it from, and as a result it gets recovered, I'll be very happy.

Would it be "pretty offensive" if it was your bike and it was returned to you safely?

Besides if Scotty p did in fact ask in the manner in which he did,what do you find offensive ? The fact that he asked at all ? If somebody approached me in the same manner and asked the same question,why should I find that offensive?

If somebody asked you the same thing you would find it offensive? Why if his heart is in the right place?

Would it be "pretty offensive" if it was your bike and it was returned to you safely?

Besides if Scotty p did in fact ask in the manner in which he did,what do you find offensive ? The fact that he asked at all ? If somebody approached me in the same manner and asked the same question,why should I find that offensive?

If somebody asked you the same thing you would find it offensive? Why if his heart is in the right place?

snap check my post :clap: :clap: :whistling: :whistling:

the age old classic saying needs to be practiced more and not just preached ...ie

DONT judge a book by it's cover. :devil:

the age old classic saying needs to be practiced more and not just preached ...ie

DONT judge a book by it's cover. :devil:

its more like noticing the comic book between the classics :whistling: