This Bike Spotted at Ballito Junction

Scotty P

Would it be "pretty offensive" if it was your bike and it was returned to you safely?

Besides if Scotty p did in fact ask in the manner in which he did,what do you find offensive ? The fact that he asked at all ? If somebody approached me in the same manner and asked the same question,why should I find that offensive?

If somebody asked you the same thing you would find it offensive? Why if his heart is in the right place?

If I was poor, and it was insinuated that I stole my average bike by someone who then proceeded to take a photo of it, then yes, I'm pretty sure I would be offended.

To answer one of your last question with an example, your heart can be in the right place by wanting your wife to lose weight, but it would be offensive to tell her that she's fat.

In any case, discussions like these seldom end with one person conceding. So lets agree to disagree.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was poor, and it was insinuated that I stole my average bike by someone who then proceeded to take a photo of it, then yes, I'm pretty sure I would be offended.

To answer one of your last question with an example, your heart can be in the right place by wanting your wife to lose weight, but it would be offensive to tell her that she's fat.

In any case, discussions like these seldom end with one person conceding. So lets agree to disagree.

as you say we cant all agree, but if i cant tell my wife(my life partner) she is fat, should i consider us LIFE PARTNERS???

as you say agree to disagree :thumbup:

and yes i have told her she needs to loose weight and so has she told me i need to loose weight , :ph34r:

I just slap my wife on the ass and say "Dikkes jy's myne"

Erm no, cause it was their own decision to over eat.... You shouldn't be offended by your own decisions.

Rather be a little politically incorrect and possibly reduce crime. Being offended is not a crime.

But he didn't accuse him of stealing, Sure he was seeing if it was a possibility by that is he insinuating that he stole it ? Like patchelicious said rather be a little politically incorrect and possibly reduce crime as we South Africans need to become more diligent and observant to our surroundings. And report what we see instead of turning the other cheek because it's easier.

As for telling my wife she is fat, I tell her that she needs to loose her arse and she tells me I have a big nose ( she right) . Although as her bike was nicked of our bike rack in broad daylight can't moan to much at her. :-))

But I agree to disagree as we all have our on opinions, based on our experiences .

Bygones :-)

In this case I dont think the owner of the bike felt insulated because he seems to have agreed to having a photo taken of the bike. Probably if he was insulted he would have told the op otherwise.

I hope someone spots my Morewood Kwela 26 sspeed with mavic rims so it can come home to daddy.

Fingers crossed Lady Luck smiles on you.

BullDust! Haters gonna hate, I live 786 meters from Ballito Junction, therein lies the s h I t, you all wish you lived in Ballito!

If you see something suspicious then your duty is to report it to the authorities and NOT to confront the guy that's got the bike. People can't just stereotype others like that and I for one would love to see some clever guy asking where I, my wife or my daughter got our Specializeds from just because we didn't fit his preconceived profile of what a Specialized owner should look like, please..

Now IF someone posts news about their bike having been stolen and if there's pictures and someone sees what seems to be the same bike then yes, I can fully understand this but not out of the blue based of profiling someone.

My 2 cents..

If someone is proud of being honest and constructive in telling his wife she's fat I suppose I should not expect him to understand the nuances of profiling people based on appearance.

I saw a carbon bianchi at the engen in bedfordview a week ago. Was 21:00. No cyclist in the building but a guy next to it talking to his friend on a R200 make bike. Anyone 'lose' one in the area? Black with green accents

Bleeding heart liberals - claim to hate racism but manifest it flippin everywhere.

Stolen bikes are a bit like bike scams - if the rider, size of bike, condition of bike, clipless pedals and safety boots etc don't add up then a fishy smell should arrive in one's nose.

PCness and fear of being called a racist will only compound the problem.

If it quacks and waddles it aint a swan. Ok maybe the waddling but certainly not the quacking.