Gun carry on bicycle

Fast Forward

My 2cents worth! If you shoot him you will be arrested!! You will spend time in jail before you get bail, You stand a chance of being molested in jail, you will be charged, you will spend a fortune on legal fees, it will change your life forever no matter the outcome! That's how it works in SA! IF I am not mistaken no-one has been killed for their bike yet! I don't think the risk of the above is worth it! If he pushed me off my bike and I judge Mace isn't worth it let him take the bike, its a material object (I know they are expensive and it will take a while to replace but the repercussions of shooting him are far too big) On the other hand, He gets your gun, shoots you or uses it to shoot someone else you are in even more K*K!! As much as we want to I don't think its worth it!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True.

But as mentioned in other threads you need to be well trained to aware of your situation, be able to react quickly enough to draw your weapon before you are disarmed and be prepared to shoot your attacker.

As always there are pros and cons.

About 10 years ago two members of our mtb club were ambushed by 6 armed men. Our members were trained combat shotists and were also armed. They managed to ward of the attack and kill one of the attackers.

Within a short time two other cyclists were shot in separate incidents without any warnings in the nearby area. The attackers were taking no chances.

:blush: :blush: i know its a no win situation,,,,just like the fact that we actually have to discuss the need to carry :thumbdown: :thumbdown: dammed if you do dammed if you dont

True.

But as mentioned in other threads you need to be well trained to aware of your situation, be able to react quickly enough to draw your weapon before you are disarmed and be prepared to shoot your attacker.

As always there are pros and cons.

About 10 years ago two members of our mtb club were ambushed by 6 armed men. Our members were trained combat shotists and were also armed. They managed to ward of the attack and kill one of the attackers.

Within a short time two other cyclists were shot in separate incidents without any warnings in the nearby area. The attackers were taking no chances.

this is the problem. I have a glock an I have thought about taking it on rides with me. The problem is when do you draw your weapon? And if you draw your weapon will you use it?

In some remote area you will be OK to pull it out, but close to civilization or an informal settlement you will attrack so much *** that you might start a personal attack on all cyclists.

I swear if you pull a knife on me I will shoot you, but in hindsight its easier said than done.

if you carry keep it concealed and know exactly what your plan will be if the popo strikes the fan.

My 2cents worth! If you shoot him you will be arrested!! You will spend time in jail before you get bail, You stand a chance of being molested in jail, you will be charged, you will spend a fortune on legal fees, it will change your life forever no matter the outcome! That's how it works in SA! IF I am not mistaken no-one has been killed for their bike yet! I don't think the risk of the above is worth it! If he pushed me off my bike and I judge Mace isn't worth it let him take the bike, its a material object (I know they are expensive and it will take a while to replace but the repercussions of shooting him are far too big) On the other hand, He gets your gun, shoots you or uses it to shoot someone else you are in even more K*K!! As much as we want to I don't think its worth it!

+1000000000

stab him with a spoke

Carrying a gun while cycling is, without a doubt, a very bad idea. All that will happen is that you will give the robbers even more incentive to rob you. They can now get a bike AND a gun. And secondly, by knowing this (as stated above) they will probably just shoot cyclists from afar, kill you, and see what they can get.

Another very important point is that if you carry a gun, you must be prepared to use it. Are you really, really willing and able to kill 1 or more people, face to face, by shooting them? If not, don't carry a gun.

The amount of bike hijackings is shocking, I agree. But this, if anything, will only make the matter worse.

This, yes.

You will be arrested and WILL sit in jail till bail ?? Is that a fact now ?

You WILL Spend a fortune on legal fees - FACT

not if you have some HD GoPro footage of a life threatening attack on you. The means you use to retaliate should be in line with the threat the attacker was posing to you

bull if your life is in danger you are allowed to defend your self, if a tik baby runs at me with a knife i will shoot him and if its a righteous shooting/kill im not going to jail, you are lawfully allowed to protect yourself,

if tik baby gets the upper hand and rides away with my bike and U shoot him,,,HELL YES YOU GOT YEARS OF *** YOU DONT WANT

One might be tempted to use in on motorists, that would be my biggest problem.

And there has been times I wish I was packing this bad boy:

http://mygunculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/A10_30mm_gatling_gun.jpg

Tad tight to pack in your kit though

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/GAU-8_meets_VW_Type_1.jpg/1280px-GAU-8_meets_VW_Type_1.jpg

I am not being insensetive here but think about this....

You are riding along. You take a minor fall and your gun goes off and shoots your girlfriend/best mate/Epic partner or your father in law. What you gonna do homie??!!

Ask oscar, his gun went off when he was looking at it (so he says).

What would you do? Please don't say it would never happen. Tell that to all the people who have been shot by mistake. Ask all the people who were carrying the gun that went off.

Nobody said you must carry "one up". So we should take away guns from law inforcement asswell?

It is your choice and your responsibility whether you carry or not and what the results my be if something happens. Accidents do happen but lets be realistic. More people die in normal bike accidents than in accidental discharge of a firearm

Copperhead just how many people do you know thats been shot when a fellow rider fell of his bike ? Anyway before you go on a ride ask if there is anybody packing and if there is take your leave . ta-ta .