Prescription Oakleys

jcza

I see CWC has Flakjackets on special for R 1699. Also available elsewhere online. Just been quoted R 6500 by Vision Optometrists for prescription Flakjackets. Obviously not interested in daylight robbery. Anywhere else to get them in Jhb at a reasonable price?

I see CWC has Flakjackets on special for R 1699. Also available elsewhere online. Just been quoted R 6500 by Vision Optometrists for prescription Flakjackets. Obviously not interested in daylight robbery. Anywhere else to get them in Jhb at a reasonable price?

Whiskey tango Foxtrott !

R 6500

insane

For prescriptions it sounds about right.

My mom dished out a very painfull R7500 for her (think) halfjackets.

I have a pair of Oakley monster dogs. My optometrist charged R550 for prescription lenses.

I know they can get the lenses from Oakley which is usually ridiculously priced!!

I think the big cost comes from the genuine Oakley RX lenses and that some optometrists take you to the cleaners with their markups. If you got some Flakjacket frames you could probably have generic RX lenses made up with whatever tint etc you wanted put in, just they wouldn't have all that Oakley gobbledygook in it that some people have been complaining bubbles and micro cracks very easily anyway, but they would look and operate largely the same.

WOW.........I know that they need to make a living but this is insane. Lenses are R545 each then add R1,320 each for transitions plus R250 for postage. Add price of Flakjacket and you get R 6,500.

I got quoted about R3500 for two lenses in my Oakley Holbrooks. They had to get made in Ireland, and eventually delivered here. That might be a part of why they are so expensive.

Edited by HDW

I have a pair of Oakley monster dogs. My optometrist charged R550 for prescription lenses.

I know they can get the lenses from Oakley which is usually ridiculously priced!!

They pop out the expensive oakley lenses and give you normal prescription lenses that are tinted.

Went down this road a while ago and decided to get contacts for sport so that I could use normal lenses.

Thank goodness I wear contacts. That's mad for transitions, for my prescription glasses I only ever take the hardening and anti glare, Jeep frame at about R1900. Total came to R4250

I investigated the prescription lens option and the price was ridiculous, decided to rather go for the LASIK Surgery. i know its not an option for everyone, but it has changed my life in a huge way.. count how much you spend on glasses, sunglasses etc over time and then all the hassle involved in glasses, contact lenses .. it really is a good option to explore..

I investigated the prescription lens option and the price was ridiculous, decided to rather go for the LASIK Surgery. i know its not an option for everyone, but it has changed my life in a huge way.. count how much you spend on glasses, sunglasses etc over time and then all the hassle involved in glasses, contact lenses .. it really is a good option to explore..

I would do it in a heartbeat if I could but I have a condition that prevents it. Heck the corneal crosslinking stuff I had done 2 years ago cost more than lasik and were just the degeneration down.