2014 UCI Road World Championships Ponferrada

jcza

Wiggo started off as a track cyclist you know . . . .

:-o

Whats this about him not going to defend the title next year?nor defending his Olympic title in 2016?

Sounds a bit like he wants to close off his career on the track as well.

But i recon he's still got a few grand tours in his legs.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did SKY / Brailsford back the wrong cyclist for this year? This debate could go on for a long while especially because Froome crashed out of the TDF. But Wiggins has had a exceptional season! From winning Tour of California too todays win in the World TT champs. Sorry not using all the Sir's!

He won the ToC by a strong TT, and surely that's reason for his TdF victory, which favored time trialists that year.

In terms of the road, he is talking about focusing on the one-day classics next year, and he did finish in the top ten at P-R this year Also claims he is not interested in doing another Grand Tour. Team Sky are still trying to work something out with him for next year.

He won the ToC by a strong TT, and surely that's reason for his TdF victory, which favored time trialists that year.

In terms of the road, he is talking about focusing on the one-day classics next year, and he did finish in the top ten at P-R this year Also claims he is not interested in doing another Grand Tour. Team Sky are still trying to work something out with him for next year.

It's been pretty poor management of him this year. They're not the first team that has 2 stars on the team. Can't help but think they could've done better.

So where would your money go for Sundays mens race?

I'd like to Chancellera win but dont think the other will let him get away

Would be great to see him win a sprint

My money is on:

1. Gerrans

2. Cancellera

3. Valverde

I hear chilly temps and rain forecasted hey

:-(

Definitely an Aussie on the podium as they've got a strong team.

The Italians will be keen to do well.

Can the Spanish or Belgian power houses make it count?

GO SAGAAAN!!

Shees I am going to miss it.. and I reckon people at the funeral will give me dirty looks if I watch it on my phone or check for updates.

Shees I am going to miss it.. and I reckon people at the funeral will give me dirty looks if I watch it on my phone or check for updates.

Just stand / sit right at the back...  :devil:

At times people get so overtaken by emotion that they have to leave the room...

whats the deal with the riders and teams, do the riders support their pro cont team members that are from different countries or do they support their national team?

whats the deal with the riders and teams, do the riders support their pro cont team members that are from different countries or do they support their national team?

Team Time Trial is the only time to race for trade teams like Astana

This is by country e.g. Valverde and J Rod will be teammates for Spain.

At times people get so overtaken by emotion that they have to leave the room...

Hey there is truth in that..

Archived