Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

Went for a spin yesterday, legs were dead. Hoping to get the DC out of my legs before Sunday.

2:45 is my target.

Me too...my legs were also dead yesterday and that's the reason Ben Swift kept dropping me up Franschoek Pass ;)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went for a spin yesterday, legs were dead. Hoping to get the DC out of my legs before Sunday.

2:45 is my target.

Are you the same Wannabe?  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

I can afford the Race Fee, it is simply out of principle that I will not enter.

I'm tired of being exploited.

The attitude is, if you want to ride my race, you pay what I charge. Sorry, I'm guessing you are wrong, this oke is not going to pay that exorbitant race fee increase!!!!

I can in any case ride that exact same route anytime I please (without paying) as it forms part of my regular weekend long routes.

Are you the same Wannabe?  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Jip, but I have a very good friend who entered me and paid for it, as a gift.

Don't you wish you had one of those!?

Me too...my legs were also dead yesterday and that's the reason Ben Swift kept dropping me up Franschoek Pass ;)

Name dropper. :whistling:

You should introduce me... Just glad you "changed your mind", awesome race despite the ridiculous price tag!

Guys, you all seem to have missed the point entirely.  

Starting at 6am ish and doing a three hour ride means that you're back at 9am ish.

The beer tent only opens at 10am....

This is the dilemma that I'm facing. 

:whistling:

Drop a few groups back and give me a wheel to suck.  :clap:   I start at 06h58, so you will be back home just in time for that beer.

Out of principle you shouldnt be wasting their money....LOL....Its good to have friends like those wannabe. Had someone pay for me at CWC durbie dash....Had to let him beat me  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Serious Fail....quite funny.  So Liberty and more specifically Own Your Life rewards sponsors the Burger. By the mail sent out last night it is clear the are pushing the product hard. Being a broker and getting very bad service from them I quickly decided to phone as customer and find out about some of their benefits......So the day after one of their biggest marketing launches you only a get a message 'Sorry we are closed for our year-end function'. That is bad timing. Try them on 0860 690 908.

See you there J! Aiming for a 3:45. :wacko:

Go Mickey, you can do it! I'll keep an eye out for you and Colin at the start and hopefully get to say howzeeeeet!

Has anyone had problems with ITB so close to a race? If so, what did you do?

R.I.C.E.

Rest

Ice

Compression

Elevation

I'm suffering badly this week - hobbling all over the place.  Rest as well as icing the area is all that you can do.

To prevent ITB all cyclists should own a (hard + expensive) foam roller and use it frequently. I cannot say if it will help at this stage, sorry. Apparently its very painful so get well soon. 

Out of principle you shouldnt be wasting their money....LOL....Its good to have friends like those wannabe. Had someone pay for me at CWC durbie dash....Had to let him beat me  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

No worry for me, he had a DC of an hour faster than me. :whistling:  :blush:

Name dropper. :whistling:

Who's Ben Swift ?

Archived