A Bike Shop Soap Opera

Rouxenator

I shop around a lot! Ill check online deals, shops and on really expensive items make calls to everywhere in driving distance. I plan most of my purchases so I am always browsing. I still have a few favorite shops where ill pick up smaller stuff no questions asked. If any of them treated me like that, I would have been lambasting them to everyone of the guys i recommended visit them.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, also agree on naming and shaming, that is just plain unacceptable. Case in point is Solomons cycles, I don't always go there, but when I do and they don't have exactly what I'm looking for they are happy to recommend somewhere else to look, even the Sportsman Warehouse up the road for certain tools. You can't act like that. It's a good way to lose customers, and they should.

On the one hand I would like to name and shame, but on the other hand perhaps that is just to satisfy some childish desire for revenge - and that makes me no better than the over reaction I was faced with.

So for now I'll just leave this drama as is and see if things mellow out. Hope no one else ends up in a similar situation, maybe the dude realises he over reacted and does something about his attitude.

On the one hand I would like to name and shame, but on the other hand perhaps that is just to satisfy some childish desire for revenge - and that makes me no better than the over reaction I was faced with.

So for now I'll just leave this drama as is and see if things mellow out. Hope no one else ends up in a similar situation, maybe the dude realises he over reacted and does something about his attitude.

I agree with you, dont name and shame. It then makes it something the store owner is stuck with and possibly a bigger problem.

Wait until he has cooled down for a while and pop past for a chat, he might well apologise as soon as he sees you walk in.

This is very familiar...

I had a very similar encounter with a shop a month ago.

I no longer support them in any way, shape, or form   

My money is spent at the shop that gives me the best service.

Pretty much all of the above........move right along and spend your hard earned rands elsewhere!

Evrey right to shop around and get an issue fixed where and when you can.

Crazy....Cannot believe he would actually ask you to leave, quickest way to bury a business, if you mention this to the people you recommended to go there and they all mention it to their friends, he will find himself out of a lot of business in the long term, whether he does good work will not come into it, 75% of business in his case will be based on the treatment you get as a customer....HE is way out of line.

When you need something done(regardless of the reason) and he is not available, it is your right to go wherever you want as the customer, if he happened to be at the other stock to "bust his customers" then he sounds very dodgy and is taking it way too personal to be taken seriously.

It is your RIGHT as a customer to take your business ANYWHERE you want. Your loyalty is NOT something he owns, it is YOURS to give. Go talk to him, tell him he was out of line and that you are sorry your association ended this way, then leave the ball in his court. If he reacts VERY well, give him another chance, otherwise, walk away knowing you are the better man. My 2c

Totally agree. It's your right to take your business where you see fit and the best place for me is awesome service and having a good relationship with your lbs. For me cost isn't always the deciding factor. Would be happy to spend a bit more (within reason) for good service and advice.

Archived