JSE Investing

Wayne Potgieter

just registered with easy equities , I'm dumb founded by how easy it was

I've listened to hours of spew by bankers and come no closer than i was 2 hours ago

.....Now

Why can't i find Nvidia or Corsair on their site as an example ? Can their stock just not be bought through easy equities ?

Can you trade foreign stocks with them? I don't have the platform but was always under the assumption you can't.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just registered with easy equities , I'm dumb founded by how easy it was 

I've listened to hours of spew by bankers and come no closer than i was 2 hours ago 

.....Now 

Why can't i find Nvidia or Corsair on their site as an example ? Can their stock just not be bought through easy equities ?

Have a look on the USD trading page, they should be there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can you trade foreign stocks with them? I don't have the platform but was always under the assumption you can't.

You have to transfer money into the usd account which I haven't looked into yet

what account do you mean?

In EASY Equities you have 'wallets/account'

Out of these you buy and sell shares, you don't do anything directly out of your account (other than topping up your wallet)

Then you have A ZAR and USD account.

My app is isn't allowing screenshots while I'm logged in

In EASY Equities you have 'wallets/account'

Out of these you buy and sell shares, you don't do anything directly out of your account (other than topping up your wallet)

Then you have A ZAR and USD account.

My app is isn't allowing screenshots while I'm logged in

I would like to say that the stock market is not very interesting for earning nowadays. Crypto is much more profitable. I have traded on the stock market, and I want to tell you from my experience that the result is very disappointing to me. It's either JSEcoin . JSEcoin is a customer-oriented web platform built on top of a browser blocker. Their goal is to create an energy efficient cryptographic currency, extracted by web masters, which will be accepted worldwide by major users. I have several crypto wallets, but I mainly invest in bitcoin, naturally I keep my money in a secure wallet https://bitcoinofficial.org/ . In the long term, bitcoin is much more profitable as a percentage. Well, I do not believe in the stock market. The choice is left to everyone !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having missed out on the 2008 crash despite my gut telling me that I should take the plunge I was determined not to do the same during the March 2020 drop off. Got Sasol at R28, discovery at R70. Waited a bit longer to buy FNB and it is now up 40%.

Took a bet on Sun International rights issue which is very much long term and recently got some Dischem stock.

I am hoping that in a few years time the profits from above should cover the costs of school fees for the little one.

I get the sense it is probably too late to get into US stock now and since I don't know enough about it I was probably going to get an ETF or the like that is based on the index of the overall market.

• 1 month later...

I would like to say that the stock market is not very interesting for earning nowadays. Crypto is much more profitable. I have traded on the stock market, and I want to tell you from my experience that the result is very disappointing to me. It's either JSEcoin . JSEcoin is a customer-oriented web platform built on top of a browser blocker. Their goal is to create an energy efficient cryptographic currency, extracted by web masters, which will be accepted worldwide by major users. I have several crypto wallets, but I mainly invest in bitcoin, naturally I keep my money in a secure wallet https://bitcoinofficial.org/ . In the long term, bitcoin is much more profitable as a percentage. Well, I do not believe in the stock market. The choice is left to everyone !

You sound a lot like the regular snake-oil-salesmen I have the pleasure of meeting every now and again. 

Crypto is interesting to me.
Been doing a lot of reading on it and decided to put some throwaway cash into bitcoin and ADA. I don't believe bitcoin is too late to get into, and Cardano has a very positive looking roadmap which should yield very profitable returns in the future.

I still don't understand much of crypto, but because it is tech based I find it easier to learn that stocks and so forth. And for the folks using easy equities and want an intro to crypto, EC10 looks to have been performing very well the past 6months.

That being said, I did a lot of research before spending my cash and realize that trading is a little like educated gambling.

Edited by Jurgens Smit