Carbon Rigid fork on a carbon 29er duel suspension bike? Can it work?

Mongoose!

Ek is gereeld vir besigheid in Windhoek en wil graag een keer met my fiets in die vlaktes van Namibie in neek en kyk wat daar is. 

Lyk so rustig as mens uit die vleigtuig uit kyk soos wat mens nader aan Windhoek kom. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek is gereeld vir besigheid in Windhoek en wil graag een keer met my fiets in die vlaktes van Namibie in neek en kyk wat daar is. 

Lyk so rustig as mens uit die vleigtuig uit kyk soos wat mens nader aan Windhoek kom. 

As jy ooit hier naby is, is jy welkom. Ek is so n 900-1000km van Windhoek af teen die spergebiet/Namib/Oranjemund 100km van ons.As jy ander plane wil maak om hier verby te gaan praat met my .Verblyf en nog meer sal vir jou daar wees.

Groete

Edited by Namib@RP

So it raining outside and I been thinking.

Has anybody tried a rigid carbon fork on a duel suspension 29er (carbon )

Then you use a high volume tire at low pressure at the front to do some of the front absorption.

By doing that, my bike will lose 1.5kg cheap cheap

I am more of a marathon orientated rider

So, if you have tried it, I would add much value to your input.

All the other clever Hubbers (who never tested or tried something) but full of opinions may also give their insights …lol

It might be the beginning of a new revolution ….. :ph34r:

Rather get yourself a carbon fat bike .You will attract more attention !

I think you asking the wrong questions

If you want a lighter dual, the question should be WHY DID I BUY A HEAVY DUAL,

if you want a hard tail rigid, look for the right bike

If you want to "loose" 1.5kg diet FOR 2 weeks then go for a ride

If you want to DROP 1.5kgs QUICK AND CHEAP go buy COLON BLOW Follow the instructions

My 2c don't flog a dead horse, rather save and get the right bike for the application you want, rather that than throw away money changing the dynamics that the designers came up with(unless you put a lefty on a SANTA CRUZ ;) )

I fall into the opinionated haven't tried category :)

Edited by DIPSLICK

I think you asking the wrong questions

If you want a lighter dual, the question should be WHY DID I BUY A HEAVY DUAL,

if you want a hard tail rigid, look for the right bike

If you want to "loose" 1.5kg diet FOR 2 weeks then go for a ride

If you want to DROP 1.5kgs QUICK AND CHEAP go buy COLON BLOW Follow the instructions

My 2c don't flog a dead horse, rather save and get the right bike for the application you want, rather that than throw away money changing the dynamics that the designers came up with(unless you put a lefty on a SANTA CRUZ ;) )

I fall into the opinionated haven't tried category :)

Thanks bud

No dead horse here

With a rigid fork and my new wheels this XL horse will weight in around 9kg...

That is Grant Usher though....

I tried to make up for lack of training on Karoo2coast by saving some weight because I had a rigid fork lying around and, well, it is dirt roady heaven.

Bad move for me.

The continous jarring of the thousands of small bumps and corrugations wore me out. Even though I rode the last climb up to Simola in a PR, my overall time was much slower due to my eventual inability to just sit there and pedal.

I rode 2009 Karoo to Coast on a rigid single speed steel 29er. I had a very nice ride. The following year I rode a very light geared 29er hardtail and thought I would smash the previous year's time. Only went 30 seconds faster. If you give yourself and your riding style time to adapt to a rigid fork it can be a very nice ride.

I rode 2009 Karoo to Coast on a rigid single speed steel 29er. I had a very nice ride. The following year I rode a very light geared 29er hardtail and thought I would smash the previous year's time. Only went 30 seconds faster. If you give yourself and your riding style time to adapt to a rigid fork it can be a very nice ride.

thanks for the input

Rigid hardtail is hard I know

I want to try something complete new

A rigid duel - or the new name : 1/2 suspension bike

So I guess my weight loss ideas are not going to be used then :)

That stuff you recommended before you go for your Colonoscopy is the real deal if you want to lose it quickly.

Not sure I'd venture outside wearing a pair bibs though.....

That stuff you recommended before you go for your Colonoscopy is the real deal if you want to lose it quickly.

Not sure I'd venture outside wearing a pair bibs though.....

It will only be done once ;)

How much faster would less weight make you? In reality, 1.5 kg less makes a small, small difference in most cases, probably just seconds for those on the podium. See comment from Brian above.

Hi All

So will a niner rdo rigid fork on a Giant XTC 29er be a bad move?

Your comments would be appreciated. [emoji1]