The "I hate Specialized" Bandwagon...... what's the deal?

L.T.G

Inside my swat box I carry

1 x Tube

1 x Plug lever and plug

1 x Spare Valve

1 x Spare Deraileur hanger

1 x Co2 Canister

1 x Tire Lever

Some of those Park Tool Thick paper patches for sidewall cuts.

Works pretty well.

Impressive, but I'd want a sealent filled tube in there, V12 said...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressive, but I'd want a sealent filled tube in there, V12 said...

Not gonna happen! I struggle to get a Magnum Condom in there.

Look the SWAT concept is a good idea, does it cover all the bases? No.

Is the problem the Spez shops, as always, yes!

Couldn't agree more

.... and today they are getting another test on spares availability for a small broken plastic clip.... will advise progress on that too...

Just some feedback on this - my local spez dealer scratched around in a box and found the same part for me - free of charge...

Good service - as always - from Marc at Dunkeld cycles

• 1 month later...

Just some feedback on this - my local spez dealer scratched around in a box and found the same part for me - free of charge...

Good service - as always - from Marc at Dunkeld cycles

Once again, you KNOW THE GUY'S NAME.  That's why the "problem" was resolved.

It's a relationship thing...

If you consistently support your (Spez) LBS over time, they'll bend over backwards to help (even if you're being unreasonable or grumpy or whatever).  

I must say I love the whole "Test the Best" thing.

To be honest I would have to win the lotto before I could ever own an S Works anything. So getting the chance to experience one is pretty sweet in my books. Got to play with an Epic and Camber at my local trail beginning of the year and was pretty interesting . If Pyga and Cannondale offered me something similar I would happily try out a few of their bikes too, similarly I would like to know what the new Scott and Giant bikes are like.

As to the comment by Nonky I agree, if you have a relationship with a shop they are more willing to assist. Understable too. I make a point of saying hi to the workshop guys after club rides and they know I look after my bike and am willing to do what's neccesary to keep her running smoothly. I also keep meticulous record of riding and maintenance done, and as they also keep record of maintenance I fully expect awesome service should something happen.

I have in mine (downtube):

27.5+ sealant filled tube (it's pretty hefty)

2x co2 canisters

3x tyre levers

Tyre boot

Spare nuts/bolts

Powerlink

Membership cards

Cash (for coffee)

In my top cap I have integrated chain tool, and multi-tool by rear shock.

Not sure what else you could possibly need?

I'd say it ticks 99% of the boxes...

Don't hate Spez at all. They are beautiful bikes...

I don't think the haters are jealous...Spez after all is not a BMC!!!Now that is a bike you can be jealous off...

I wish I can rather be on my bike now...

• 3 months later...

I must say I love the whole "Test the Best" thing.

To be honest I would have to win the lotto before I could ever own an S Works anything. So getting the chance to experience one is pretty sweet in my books. Got to play with an Epic and Camber at my local trail beginning of the year and was pretty interesting . If Pyga and Cannondale offered me something similar I would happily try out a few of their bikes too, similarly I would like to know what the new Scott and Giant bikes are like.

As to the comment by Nonky I agree, if you have a relationship with a shop they are more willing to assist. Understable too. I make a point of saying hi to the workshop guys after club rides and they know I look after my bike and am willing to do what's neccesary to keep her running smoothly. I also keep meticulous record of riding and maintenance done, and as they also keep record of maintenance I fully expect awesome service should something happen.

I do use my local Spaz shop every now and then for spares and stuff and they sort of know me as I see the owner at races form time to time. Service is good but I preferred my small bike shop that has since closed. Always willing to help out with hard to find bits and pieces from the parts bin..

• 2 weeks later...

this is why people hate spaz,,,,all the owners are constantly bragging,,, :whistling:

dips heads towards the door :ph34r:

I must admit, I am starting to like the Specialized full suspension mtb's a lot lately.

"Keep the rubber on the gravel "

Archived