• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've contacted woodstock cycle today,

still waiting for a response..

I like your blue zini Jakkals,

but I prefer it to be classic.

What year is this one from?

I've contacted woodstock cycle today, but still waiting for a response.

I like your zini Jakkals but I prefer the classic look. ????

I've contacted woodstock cycle today,

still waiting for a response..

I like your blue zini Jakkals,

but I prefer it to be classic.

What size or does it not matter ? We can help looking out for a Zini

I've contacted woodstock cycle today, but still waiting for a response.

I like your zini Jakkals but I prefer the classic look.

Mine is a late 80s. The hoops was just for show. Its running mavic hoops laced to dura-ace hubs.

Not entirely correct. The original Zini is an Italian brand, made in Italy. Gotti made them under license or something.

I believe Paolo Zini was the original frame builder.

Thats correct. The chances are a classic 80's 90's ZIni in SA will be made by Gotti Hanson because Zini stopped exporting the bikes to SA due to the embargo. If you can find an Italian made Zini it will be pretty rare as Mr. Zini stopped making frames in the 90;s and went into Gold and Silversmithing. The bulk of the bikes baring the Cicli Zini name were made by Gotti as far as I know. Thats the jist of the story I recall from Gotti himself.

Chris Willemse snr will know a lot more as I believe he is good chums with Gotti and was a major retailer for the Hansom and Zini brands in the 80's and early 90's

Thats correct. The chances are a classic 80's 90's ZIni in SA will be made by Gotti Hanson because Zini stopped exporting the bikes to SA due to the embargo. If you can find an Italian made Zini it will be pretty rare as Mr. Zini stopped making frames in the 90;s and went into Gold and Silversmithing. The bulk of the bikes baring the Cicli Zini name were made by Gotti as far as I know. Thats the jist of the story I recall from Gotti himself.

Chris Willemse snr will know a lot more as I believe he is good chums with Gotti and was a major retailer for the Hansom and Zini brands in the 80's and early 90's

I am well aware.

My first proper bike was a 70's Italian Zini. A hand me down from my dad. It started my love for Campag as well, it had nuovo record. And tubbies. 

I'm not sure where my dad got it from, probably Deale&Huth, cause I remember us coming to SA and staying with Alan Van Heerden when my dad got his Alan from them. That would have been '78/'79-ish.

Nils at Woodstock is the right guy to go to.

A couple of months ago I was cleaning out my garage and I decided to part with my two 30 year old Zini frames made by Gotti in Boputhatswana (they had some govmt incentive as an independent homeland, so he set up factory there), they were a Reynolds 501 and a 531, with a deep blue paint scheme. Such good memories of building them up and racing them.

It felt wrong to sell them or even try, as its unlikely that one gets any decent price and it would have broken my heart to have some oke haggle over them, so I gave them to Nils to do as he thinks best, no trade, no conditions, simply to give them a new life.

I have no idea what happened to them, but just in the way he took them made me feel like it was the right thing to do.

Nils is your guy. 

What size or does it not matter ? We can help looking out for a Zini

That would be so nice of you if you could help look out for a zini,

I need a 56-57 frame.

Edited by Finnjvdh

Nils at Woodstock is the right guy to go to.

A couple of months ago I was cleaning out my garage and I decided to part with my two 30 year old Zini frames made by Gotti in Boputhatswana (they had some govmt incentive as an independent homeland, so he set up factory there), they were a Reynolds 501 and a 531, with a deep blue paint scheme. Such good memories of building them up and racing them.

It felt wrong to sell them or even try, as its unlikely that one gets any decent price and it would have broken my heart to have some oke haggle over them, so I gave them to Nils to do as he thinks best, no trade, no conditions, simply to give them a new life.

I have no idea what happened to them, but just in the way he took them made me feel like it was the right thing to do.

Nils is your guy.

Thanks for your effort,

I have contacted him, I hope he's got

A zini for me.

Edited by Finnjvdh

My sister and her husband are coming to Germany in a few weeks, I hope I can get a zini in time so that they can take it with to Germany..

My sister and her husband are coming to Germany in a few weeks, I hope I can get a zini in time so that they can take it with to Germany..

How pray are they planning to leave South Africa under Alert Level 3

How pray are they planning to leave South Africa under Alert Level 3

She's also got the German citizenship so she's actually coming back to Germany

She's also got the German citizenship so she's actually coming back to Germany

How is she getting back.I have friends stuck in CT that are wanting to return?

Can you PM details and who to contact.

Tia