Covers performed better than the original......

L.T.G

Terrible

The original Dolly Parton version is much better.

For the definitive cover version, check out the White Stripes on youtube (has been posted on this thread some time ago).

This is a song that you will battle to get better than... But the white stripes version does come close

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter to me if it was posted before - I'll like it every time someone reposts  :clap:

I tuned into highveld the other day, I see they're on the top 40 with this cover who'd have guessed - I thought it was old

ja..no...I know you said its not better...but its not even close...One band i would never cover...

jeezlike

If you can get your hands on a copy of the original mockumentary of the quintessential british heavy metal band, Bad News, then it's certainly with a guffaw or three.

Features Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson and Nigel Planer of 'the Young Ones' fame.

not sure i have posted this before...but terry edwards has a lekker little ep where he plays JAMC songs on the sax. Here is this:

being played:

Nice to see Paul Simon himself giving a thumbs up to Disturbed's cover of Sound Of Silence

http://www.fuse.tv/2016/04/disturbed-david-draiman-interview-sound-of-silence

I absolutely loved this when I first heard it, and still do enjoy it, don't get me wrong... but have found myself noticing the flaws in it the more I listen to it. The autotuning, some weaker vocal moments etc, but yeah, some of the raw bits are still absolutely brilliant.

I guess what I'm saying, is I reckon they probably could do it even better still.

Another version, well worth a listen : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4oInT79CUk&nohtml5=False

This vid could do with a rework, even it it does lead the emotions really well, but I really love this girls voice  :thumbup:

I absolutely loved this when I first heard it, and still do enjoy it, don't get me wrong... but have found myself noticing the flaws in it the more I listen to it. The autotuning, some weaker vocal moments etc, but yeah, some of the raw bits are still absolutely brilliant.

I guess what I'm saying, is I reckon they probably could do it even better still.

Another version, well worth a listen : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4oInT79CUk&nohtml5=False

This vid could do with a rework, even it it does lead the emotions really well, but I really love this girls voice  :thumbup:

it's a pleasure

ok  - no more sounds of silence - its been posted about 6 times in the last 3 pages  :whistling:  :ph34r:   :devil: