The Munga 2015

StevieL

That replay function on the live tracking is pretty awesome!

oh man... and when you do the replay and those 3 go walkabouts to Victoria West.. you go... no no no no..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This magnificent view on top of the world awaits the riders, on top of Oubergpas you can see all the way to Ceres and riding through the Tankwa Karoo on part of the historical Forgotten Highway used to transport diamonds before the N1 was built back in the day!

post-4329-0-28423600-1449215723_thumb.jpg

This magnificent view on top of the world awaits the riders, on top of Oubergpas you can see all the way to Ceres and riding through the Tankwa Karoo on part of the historical Forgotten Highway used to transport diamonds before the N1 was built back in the day!

Beaut of a pic! Wrong thread though. It should be in the "Pics that make you want to ride" thread.

oh man... and when you do the replay and those 3 go walkabouts to Victoria West.. you go... no no no no..

Am I being totally doff....where is the replay function :eek:

Interesting pic

Anyone know what kind of pedals GU is using and if he is using a modified cleat position (more rearwards or mid foot)?

attachicon.gifCapture2.PNG

He is using Look S Track's with a Sauser Cage from what I recall. 

Beaut of a pic! Wrong thread though. It should be in the "Pics that make you want to ride" thread.

Absolutely !

I summited as the sun was setting during the first TransKaroo and looking back was one of the most memorable cycling experiences ever.

Having ridden over that godforsaken landscape on a coolish day, I struggle to comprehend the physical and mental torture there riders are going through.

The Munga ‏@TheMungaMTB 54s54 seconds ago
@alex_row @SSGrantUsher has been sleeping 1 to 3 hours each night. #JohnNtuli has had virtually no sleep.

The Munga ‏@TheMungaMTB 54s54 seconds ago

@alex_row @SSGrantUsher has been sleeping 1 to 3 hours each night. #JohnNtuli has had virtually no sleep.

You cannot ride on no sleep! 

crUsher in Sutherland at 9:15am. Lets see how long John takes to get there. Usher will probably try and check out before Ntuli checks in. Ntuli will probably get there just before 12pm.

not sure if someone mentioned it last night at the time, but John had issues getting away from loxton. took him about an hour to do 12 km, then stopped for 45 mins to fix it. in the replay you see GU just mow him down and fly past. wonder what (if anything) was said

do you think you do sleep deprivation training before the event...or...sleep as much as you can before the event?

you bank as much sleep as possible. only thing you could really try is get in some afternoon kips to get your body used to that. I think a 2-4pm sleep escaping the heat is probably the best time for such a short* race, but you obviously need to be at a support station for this/waterpoint and have a comfy bed with aircon.

*by short, I mean short for a race where a sleep strategy is required.

Archived