[Event] 99er Cycle Tour & MTB Challenge 2015

Ninetyniner Durbanville

Any more news on those 2 x Thule bike racks that got stolen? Were they locked onto the tow-bars?

I heard that 7 were stolen, and that some of the racks were stolen with Ball and all. The tow balls were screwed off as well.  

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any more news on those 2 x Thule bike racks that got stolen? Were they locked onto the tow-bars?

yes ours definitely locked, i assume that the keys from thule are generic!

Maybe the 99er is not an official seeding event on the system yet so it can't count more than 34%. I'm sure they will change it before the final seeding run

usually the 99er is a seeding event for the following year's Argus. 

yes ours definitely locked, i assume that the keys from thule are generic!

Do you have the old Ride One? With the straps? Comes with the black plastic key?

If so, very concerning.

Do you have the old Ride One? With the straps? Comes with the black plastic key?

If so, very concerning.

Wasn't mine, i was with a friend but definitely the 3 bike thule ride on. I'll confirm the exact model

Really sorry!

usually the 99er is a seeding event for the following year's Argus. 

yes, but last year they used it for the 2014 Argus - interested to see what they will do this year? 

Some good news, Just got an update from the organnser that the marshal that was hit by the elite peloton is recovering well and had nothing broken. (Just a bit scratched and bruised)

Some good news, Just got an update from the organnser that the marshal that was hit by the elite peloton is recovering well and had nothing broken. (Just a bit scratched and bruised)

just out of interest - any of the riders badly injured?

Pity this year was not 99km like last year with that cool bit of dirt road. I loved that. Hope they bring it back next year.

I had no problems on it last year, in fact it was the best part of the entire ride. The only mistake they made was to regrade it in the week prior to the race. There were patches of sand that caught out some less experienced riders.

Maybe the 99er is not an official seeding event on the system yet so it can't count more than 34%. I'm sure they will change it before the final seeding run

99er is an official seeding event - but only for the Argus the following year.

So if you rode the 99er in 2014 then it could potentially count 100% for Argus 2015 (assuming it was your best index).  

99er 2015 can be used for Argus 2015 but not as an official seeding event - so will never be 100%

At least that is the way I understand it...

99er is an official seeding event - but only for the Argus the following year.

So if you rode the 99er in 2014 then it could potentially count 100% for Argus 2015 (assuming it was your best index).  

99er 2015 can be used for Argus 2015 but not as an official seeding event - so will never be 100%

At least that is the way I understand it...

Still dont understand why they dont just make the 99er the last seeding event before CTCT because it will be a much fairer reflection on current fitness level/ability and wont get penalised by the time the following years CTCT comes around.

Archived