Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

still more than double my current speed which allows streaming at 480p no problem..so I cant see why I would need anything more than 10Mb

That's what you say now...

Slightly different, but same principle. Back in the day when I got my first 1GB hard drive, I was like, "I'll never fill this thing", now I walk around with a 256GB memory stick (not to mention my other storage) and complain about lack of space... ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what you say now...

Slightly different, but same principle. Back in the day when I got my first 1GB hard drive, I was like, "I'll never fill this thing", now I walk around with a 256GB memory stick (not to mention my other storage) and complain about lack of space... ;)

Lol.. You right

I think the main thing is getting away from ADSL which is so over subscribed that tonight I am battling to stream anything tonight

If they could sort out the latency on wireless it would be a winner. Even as "low" as 15Mbs download I am happy but at 250ms ping my gaming son is pulling his hair out.

signed up for 10Mb Uncapped solution from ISP afrika - includes free install and router

my gaelic blood couldn't spend the extras 300 bucks for the 20mb uncapped option - 10Mb is still more than double my current speed which allows streaming at 480p no problem..so I cant see why I would need anything more than 10Mb

edit: gonna can my telkom and get gprs transmitter for my alarm and buy some skype credit for any phonecalls that need to happen

4.5 US cents per minute

8.9 US cents per minute to mobile no... and thats cheaper than vodacom

ooooh eh eh...

Once you experience streaming in FHD (which happens rarely on a 4mbps line) you won't want ANYTHING else. 

ooooh eh eh...

Once you experience streaming in FHD (which happens rarely on a 4mbps line) you won't want ANYTHING else. 

ha ha

I have 10 Mbps ADSL Web A Uncapped, its adequate, often watching at least two streams. I don't have a Fibre option.

Also remember that rated speed is the local loop, the provisioning upstream by the ISP is not always done adequately. When they (typically the Fibre ISP's) do a speedtest to impress you it will be to their local server, so you will get the full local loop speed, but there may be bottle necks upstream. They don't make any commitments in this regard unless you get a 'business' grade service

Edited by kosmonooit

Fibre installed - modem being couriered to me - will arrive on monday

whole process took 6 days from ordering to installation. Been really impressed with ISPAfrika

• 4 weeks later...

I've discovered the south park channel add-on on kodi.... Too good!

New episodes coming soon, South Park is full of win.

So much information don't know where to start or what apps or sites to use. I have cancelled my my DSTV that step I understood. Getting a laptop with Windows 7 to be used with the TV. Was thinking of using showmax.

What other sites can I use?

So much information don't know where to start or what apps or sites to use. I have cancelled my my DSTV that step I understood. Getting a laptop with Windows 7 to be used with the TV. Was thinking of using showmax.

What other sites can I use?

Hi Zatek

Have A look at this Thread , loads of info on Kodi, and awesome application with loads of potential, 

Kodi Thread

Its what I use to watch TV, as well as My Folks and Brother,