Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much information don't know where to start or what apps or sites to use. I have cancelled my my DSTV that step I understood. Getting a laptop with Windows 7 to be used with the TV. Was thinking of using showmax.

What other sites can I use?

Showmax is just DSTV bought stuff re-bundled. I avoid anything to do with those, er what did Zuma say in parliament on Tuesday?

I've gone netflix, canned it when they blocked DNS, Hulu with Showtime but reality is that there are many many streaming sites for free that have all the series you would want to watch.

I loaded kodi with exodus and quit happy so far. Is it worth getting that vpn fanish to be able to get series snd movies?

Can you watch sport via kodi as well?

I loaded kodi with exodus and quit happy so far. Is it worth getting that vpn fanish to be able to get series snd movies?

All series and movies should be on exodus. Setup a free trakt manager account to save your collections.

It is worthwhile setting up a paid realdebrid downloader account and link it in kodi. Your exodus feed goes through the downloader. You get more links per episode.

Live sports, news, UK and US channels can be had on addon like sportsdevil, castaway, filmon, phoenix and zemtv.com. I particularly like the zemtv.com addon for sports. Links are updated regularly.

There are some TV guides like ftv.

Your

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Yes and no...i was able to watch the rugby test last Saturday through kodi sportsdevil..but...the bandwidth the stream had was pretty poor so it kept stopping and starting. I did watch the Olympics no problem though. For exodus and series and movies you don't need a vpn..only if you want to use bbc itv channel 4 etc or overseas Netflix

ITV4 often have the world series of darts on in the evenings, they were in Oz recently.

It was actually not too bad to watch either. (OK except for the walking into the arena bit.... that was a bit lame.)  

Some addons for sports:

Sportsdevil

Phoenix

ZemTV

Castaway

UKTV Again

UK Turk Playlist

Sports Mix

UK ITV4 often has cycling, British Superbikes, GP etc.

Channel 4 and BBC sometimes have the F1 live else you can get it on the Skysports F1

Edited by shaper

ONE HUNDRED AND EIGGGHHHHTY!!

The late great commentator Sid Waddell made darts worth watching.

One quote of many: "He's about as predictable as a wasp on speed."

http://www.skysports.com/darts/news/12040/8289283/remembers-sid-waddells-most-legendary-lines-here

It was actually not too bad to watch either. (OK except for the walking into the arena bit.... that was a bit lame.)  

ITV4 often have the world series of darts on in the evenings, they were in Oz recently.

but you not gonna set a calendar date to watch it...if its on..you might entertain yourself..but for DSTV to use that as an argument to have DSTV...come on....

all that said - i did watch a darts world champs final the other day on youtube (one of those click to click to click moments) and it was pretty impressive.

anyway - if i was a darts fan i would just stream itv anyway...but DSTV might argue that that is illegal

but you not gonna set a calendar date to watch it...if its on..you might entertain yourself..but for DSTV to use that as an argument to have DSTV...come on....

all that said - i did watch a darts world champs final the other day on youtube (one of those click to click to click moments) and it was pretty impressive.

anyway - if i was a darts fan i would just stream itv anyway...but DSTV might argue that that is illegal

The world championships of darts is on over Christmas and New year, that is the only calendar I set to watch, mainly because it is at Alexander Palace in London and the crowd are in festive spirits, fancy dress and there is quite an atmosphere... apart from all the darts players are at their peak of their game trying to win that one tournament.  There will often be 9 darters or damn close to it.... the rest of the darts throughout the year will be if i see it on my EPG then might watch.

As for DSTV argument.... will fall on deaf ears  :whistling:

Yes and no...i was able to watch the rugby test last Saturday through kodi sportsdevil..but...the bandwidth the stream had was pretty poor so it kept stopping and starting. I did watch the Olympics no problem though. For exodus and series and movies you don't need a vpn..only if you want to use bbc itv channel 4 etc or overseas Netflix

That wasn't your stream..that's how the Bokke play lately. :whistling:

Got UKTVNow loaded and working last night just to see what it was like. At least their EPG works. Did however find it a bit awkward working outside of Kodi as everything that we watch (with the exception or RedBullTV) is accessible within Kodi