Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

Struggling my ass of to get Getflix working on my Mibox, Android TV Box

Did you try set the DNS service address on your router?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you try set the DNS service address on your router?

Yes I did that. Working on my pc and Samsung Phone, but not on Mibox

Got this sms today...

Be the first of 100 customers to reconnect to DStv Premium by tomorrow (before noon) & get a R250 cash voucher - GUARANTEED. Don't miss out! Plus, with the hottest line-up of exclusives like Orange is the New Black, MasterChef Australia & more, there's never been a better time to come back. Pay now on goo.gl/LqDwJV or reply STOP to opt out.

Got this sms today...

Be the first of 100 customers to reconnect to DStv Premium by tomorrow (before noon) & get a R250 cash voucher - GUARANTEED. Don't miss out! Plus, with the hottest line-up of exclusives like Orange is the New Black, MasterChef Australia & more, there's never been a better time to come back. Pay now on goo.gl/LqDwJV or reply STOP to opt out.

STOP

Can someone point me in the right direction for a VPN service to stream US Netflix?

I'm running Netflix from Opera, you set up the VPN in one of the Americas and have access to the entire library. I just chose Canada and it works perfectly.

I would love to tell dstv to shove it, but what do I do about supersport ???

I couldn't justify paying R900 a month for sport anymore, so I learned to get by without it.

If a big game like All-Blacks vs Springboks come along I'll make a plan to go watch it at the in-laws or at a sportsbar/restaurant over a couple of beers with a mate.

Got this sms today...

Send me that voucher...

I just managed to "rent" half my monthly premium subscription to some family who just went FTTH. They are stoked, and I only pay half. I am going FTTH next month, and will keep the dstv going as my wife has decided she can't not have Kyknet... This is still cheaper than what I am currently paying for my LTE and premium. So win all around. I can justify spending R400 / month, but not R900 for DSTV.

I just managed to "rent" half my monthly premium subscription to some family who just went FTTH. They are stoked, and I only pay half. I am going FTTH next month, and will keep the dstv going as my wife has decided she can't not have Kyknet... This is still cheaper than what I am currently paying for my LTE and premium. So win all around. I can justify spending R400 / month, but not R900 for DSTV.

Ja I have to say, this has also been working for us. My folks still have proper DSTV, but we just stream when we want at our place. Works just fine and is half the cost.

Doesn't kynknet come on showmax.... Which is only 100 bucks a month................

Doesn't kynknet come on showmax.... Which is only 100 bucks a month................

I dunno, wasn't aware. Don't use Showmax yet as my current 20GB LTE is not sufficient. If that's the case, then I may reconsider.

There are loads of websites that stream live sport or you can use Kodi. I have been doing it since May - had my fibre connected for R756 and cancelled my dstv - 20mb download/2mb upload, uncapped and unthrotteled.

Wasn't long before Multichoice called me to reconsider, I just said I cannot justify paying in excess of R800 to watch 3 sport channels (dont get me started on the f@##% number of soccer channels).

I would love to tell dstv to shove it, but what do I do about supersport ???

There are loads of websites that stream live sport or you can use Kodi. I have been doing it since May - had my fibre connected for R756 and cancelled my dstv - 20mb download/2mb upload, uncapped and unthrotteled.

Wasn't long before Multichoice called me to reconsider, I just said I cannot justify paying in excess of R800 to watch 3 sport channels (dont get me started on the f@##% number of soccer channels).

That's my problem, I am a huge football fan and will miss out !

dude, football is THE MOST streamed sport. when I say stream live sport, I mean without subscribing to any site or paying any fee apart from your data connection.

That's my problem, I am a huge football fan and will miss out !