A dark Africa lays ahead.....load shedding

Mojoman

Rather be prepared than have the grid collapse and you are fooked.

Just keep a few basics for a few days.

Were going back to SA for xmas with mom and mom in law...wife is stressing about load shedding screwing up the xmas lunch cooking plan

Me i'm easy, just feed me woollies xmas mince pie's and ill be happy :)   

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If its not load shedding its the local substation burning down ... again.

DtyrsYNX4AAZTGG.jpg

Biggest problems are:

1) Jhb City Power can not look after its (and the publics) assets

2) The barely skilled clueless BEE sub contractors they keep sending out to fix problems often just create more problems with their lack of skills, knowledge, insight,workmanship etc

3) No quality control of said sub contractors or follow up to ensure work has been done to the codes & basically acceptable standards.

It's a total mess and getting worse every day. Above fire was caused by BAD connections made on replacement feeder cable (twisted together, no crimp or other type of lug) after it was looted because they cant get a system together to keep it locked. Problems like these have been going on for years but its really getting bad now .. yet the BEE show continues.

Look at the board of City Power and tell me how many industry experienced Elec or other Engineers there are? Although I can tell you who the madame chairperson is: one who comes from the Social Sciences and who operates on Ideology alone.

Edited by kosmonooit

EskomSePush - a good little app which tells you if there's going to be load-shedding or not.

Its also cool when people ask what app you are using and you can see their facial expression before telling them s-l-o-w-l-y what the apps name is......

If its not load shedding its the local substation burning down ... again.

DtyrsYNX4AAZTGG.jpg

Biggest problems are:

1) Jhb City Power can not look after its (and the publics) assets

2) The barely skilled clueless BEE sub contractors they keep sending out to fix problems often just create more problems with their lack of skills, knowledge, insight,workmanship etc

3) No quality control of said sub contractors or follow up to ensure work has been done to the codes & basically acceptable standards.

It's a total mess and getting worse every day. Above fire was caused by BAD connections made on replacement feeder cable (twisted together, no crimp or other type of lug) after it was looted because they cant get a system together to keep it locked. Problems like these have been going on for years but its really getting bad now .. yet the BEE show continues.

Look at the board of City Power and tell me how many industry experienced Elec or other Engineers there are? Although I can tell you who the madame chairperson is: one who comes from the Social Sciences and who operates on Ideology alone.

thats there MO wait for smoke signals and then do maintenance ....

Were going back to SA for xmas with mom and mom in law...wife is stressing about load shedding screwing up the xmas lunch cooking plan

Me i'm easy, just feed me woollies xmas mince pie's and ill be happy :)   

Add biltong to the menu and you should be sorted  :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

Chance that loadahedding will continue to April....we can't afford to keep the factory running on a generator...well done Eskom ...chances are good there will be more people unemployed soon....

Chance that loadahedding will continue to April....we can't afford to keep the factory running on a generator...well done Eskom ...chances are good there will be more people unemployed soon....

Sad reality that the cANCer will never admit. 

and the guptas and friends in government stored away all the money if off shore accounts so that they can have the lifestyle of the rich and famous while the rest of the country die of hunger. 

May the odds forever be in your favor. 

Just forked out a couple of grand to put a standby system(actually a big UPS) in at my office........Will it ever get better?? :cursing:  :cursing: