A dark Africa lays ahead.....load shedding

Mojoman

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an interesting read.

"Whatever the State Capture under the former President it is child's play when compared to the open shameless rape that is about to happen right under our noses for a vital and necessary service for the average South African

Ramaphosa (South Africa's President) is married to Patrice Motsep e's Sister - Tshepo Motsepe

Jeff Radebe (South Africa's Renewable Energy Minister 
is married to Patrice Motsepe's Sister - Bridgette Motsepe Radebe

So both the president and Energy Minister 
are married to sisters of a Man who own the biggest and leading
Energy Company in the country African Rainbow Energy & Power (AREP).

Brian Dames is the CEO of African Rainbow Energy and Power (Pty) Ltd (AREP). He is the former Group CEO of Eskom. In December 2018, Brain Dames resigned from the Eskom Sustainability Task Team due to conflict of interest. AREP investment or business strategy is on Generation, Transmission and Distribution. Eskom according to President Ramaphosa SONA 2019 will be broken down into Generation, Transmission and Distribution. Breaking Eskom into 3 entities exactly matching to AREP's strategy raises eyebrows. AREP is ran by a former Group CEO of Eskom who was initially in the Eskom Sustainability Task Team raises more eyebrows. The fact that all these decision makers are related is mind-blowing. The fact that Energy Minister Jeff Radebe has refused to release the names of the owners of 27 Independent Power Producers (IPPs) who have entered into multi-billion-rand agreements with government is unscrupulous.

Then the President authorizes an energy deal with independent power producers (IPP)

Then the Minister of Energy Signs that deal worth an estimates 56 billion

Now the next thing is to create a falsified energy crises in the country that will be so severe that business will take a serious hit for example the new load shedding schedule In order to render Eskom incapacitated

The bigger plan is to intentionally, purposefully create and promulgate a plan that Eskom is incapacitated so that the brothers in-Laws are set for a in your face take over of this crucial South African asset.

Wake up South Africa before it's too late elections are coming up. WAKE UP."

Edited by eccc whippet

I am just glad that my equipment used to keep my business operational is "SA ready (battery/gas or manually operated) 

The only time the load shedding affects my business...is when i dont plan my day around the load shedding...for breakdowns etc.

For construction we have what we need to operate without eskom.

At home we lived off the grid for 8 months...so load shedding just stops the meter turning for 2 hours (money saving)

I don't buy this conspiracy crap one bit.

Especially not from Cyril.

If only one reason to have him in power, it's because he's not in it for the money.

He's got enough already, as opposed to previous guy who needed the job because he was bankrupt.

At least he did actually remove all the conflicts of interests when returning to politics, unlike the orange menace.

Task Team raises more eyebrows. The fact that all these decision makers are related is mind-blowing. The fact that Energy Minister Jeff Radebe has refused to release the names of the owners of 27 Independent Power Producers (IPPs) who have entered into multi-billion-rand agreements with government is unscrupulous.

it's moot point.

https://ewn.co.za/2018/10/01/radebe-won-t-release-names-of-new-ipp-owners

which of the project owner's would you like to know about?

https://www.ipp-projects.co.za/ProjectDatabase

pick one, google the name you'll find plenty of info.

problem with this round4/4b is that due to the Zupta Nucear issue, we submitted them in late 2014, and they sat on ice for four years. Some of them have changed hands, as obviously not everyone can sit on these deals and wait forever when they can use resources elsewhere.

coal is still big business.

wonder how these guys are doing...https://southafrica.angloamerican.com/our-operations/thermal-coal.aspx

This shift became effective on 1 March 2018, with the sale of our Eskom-tied mines – Kriel, New Denmark and New Vaal – to Seriti. Seriti is a broad-based, majority black-owned and controlled mining company that will ensure the continued supply of coal to the national utility. The transaction included our New Largo resource, and serves to reinforce Anglo American’s long-standing commitment to economic empowerment and sustainable transformation of the South African mining landscape.

"Whatever the State Capture under the former President it is child's play when compared to the open shameless rape that is about to happen right under our noses for a vital and necessary service for the average South African

Ramaphosa (South Africa's President) is married to Patrice Motsep e's Sister - Tshepo Motsepe

Jeff Radebe (South Africa's Renewable Energy Minister 

is married to Patrice Motsepe's Sister - Bridgette Motsepe Radebe

So both the president and Energy Minister 

are married to sisters of a Man who own the biggest and leading

Energy Company in the country African Rainbow Energy & Power (AREP).

Brian Dames is the CEO of African Rainbow Energy and Power (Pty) Ltd (AREP). He is the former Group CEO of Eskom. In December 2018, Brain Dames resigned from the Eskom Sustainability Task Team due to conflict of interest. AREP investment or business strategy is on Generation, Transmission and Distribution. Eskom according to President Ramaphosa SONA 2019 will be broken down into Generation, Transmission and Distribution. Breaking Eskom into 3 entities exactly matching to AREP's strategy raises eyebrows. AREP is ran by a former Group CEO of Eskom who was initially in the Eskom Sustainability Task Team raises more eyebrows. The fact that all these decision makers are related is mind-blowing. The fact that Energy Minister Jeff Radebe has refused to release the names of the owners of 27 Independent Power Producers (IPPs) who have entered into multi-billion-rand agreements with government is unscrupulous.

Then the President authorizes an energy deal with independent power producers (IPP)

Then the Minister of Energy Signs that deal worth an estimates 56 billion

Now the next thing is to create a falsified energy crises in the country that will be so severe that business will take a serious hit for example the new load shedding schedule In order to render Eskom incapacitated

The bigger plan is to intentionally, purposefully create and promulgate a plan that Eskom is incapacitated so that the brothers in-Laws are set for a in your face take over of this crucial South African asset.

Wake up South Africa before it's too late elections are coming up. WAKE UP."

sounds like a pro_zuma camp bit of disinformatika. All those connections are probably true, but that it dwarfs what the Zuptas did is just preposterous deflection. Yes, we must be vigilant of these apparent concerns, but this implication that what the zuptas did is ignorable and inconsequential is just fuggin aggravating in ways only a thrown brick can express.

Darkness is not the only thing you will have. Imagine no internet. No traffic lights either.

Well I would imagine that would happen if a blackout DOES happen.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

sounds like a pro_zuma camp bit of disinformatika. All those connections are probably true, but that it dwarfs what the Zuptas did is just preposterous deflection. Yes, we must be vigilant of these apparent concerns, but this implication that what the zuptas did is ignorable and inconsequential is just fuggin aggravating in ways only a thrown brick can express.

and crap like this:

So the theory is that Cyril appointed Jeff Radebe to energy minister so that he could get deals for the Motsepe family. This was going to be facilitated through the IPP program that Radebe "rushed" through to sign.

few issues - 

AFAIK Motsepe doesn't have any links to any IPP projects under construction or operations

even if he did, they would most likely be as a BEE partner. this is quite lucrative as the funds are normally acquired directly from the IDC. but its a stipulation as part of the program and lots of BEE connected guys have got in one this. it has been changed to help the local communities more directly in the ownership structures.

Secondly the IPP projects are by design more of an annuity cashcow. You get very little upfront but have to wait 10/12 years to pay off funds before returns increase, not the sort of timeline you go for if you're corrupt.

Finally, this all came about in parliament. Juju accused Radebe of rushing them through as they were not required. Eskom had plenty of power, and even though they were delayed by 4 years the renewables are not needed. 

you can decide how smart the CiC looks now, as this was his view last august

Economic Freedom Fighters leader Julius Malema has accused President Cyril Ramaphosa and his administration of rushing into signing the Independent Power Producers agreements for the benefit of the president’s business associates and his brother-in-law Patrice Motsepe.

Posing a question during the president’s scheduled question and answer session in the National Assembly on Wednesday, Malema asked Ramaphosa: “Why did the government rush to sign the Independent Power Producers [iPP] agreements when Eskom has the electricity capacity available at a cheaper price.

“When you eventually plug [the electricity generated by] the Independent Power Producers into the national grid will this not lead to a loss of jobs for a lot of Eskom workers or is this merely another cash heist that seeks to benefit your business associates and your brother-in-law Patrice Motsepe,” questioned the EFF leader.

Shouldn't that whole thing be in Comic Sans?

I don't have comic sans on my cellphone [emoji6], but thanks for understanding the joke.