A dark Africa lays ahead.....load shedding

Mojoman

I was watching the effing cricket and our electicity went off. And it makes me effing angry. I pay my effing taxes and rates and whatever they want. Flippit man. I worked my ass off this week as I always do. Now they steal my relaxation time too

Trust me, You can thank Eskom this time.

You're probably more relaxed by having not watched the cricket.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, You can thank Eskom this time.

You're probably more relaxed by having not watched the cricket.

Thank goodness I missed it.

All out for 89, chasing target of 196...not good at all

Eskoms Soweto debt had been wiped out twice already, each time with a "stern" statement that it cannot continue. Now demands for a third time. In 1992 residents of Soweto owed Eskom 100 million, despite this having been written off twice since then, today resident of Soweto owe 17 billion, good luck in getting a 10th of that back.

https://www.iol.co.za/the-star/news/joburg-mayor-geoff-makhubo-joins-soweto-electricity-protest-43514320

Future's so bright I got to wear shades. 

Eskoms Soweto debt had been wiped out twice already, each time with a "stern" statement that it cannot continue. Now demands for a third time. In 1992 residents of Soweto owed Eskom 100 million, despite this having been written off twice since then, today resident of Soweto owe 17 billion, good luck in getting a 10th of that back.

https://www.iol.co.za/the-star/news/joburg-mayor-geoff-makhubo-joins-soweto-electricity-protest-43514320

Future's so bright I got to wear shades. 

So much in-fighting in the ANC, they protest against themselves.......

Out of interest, does anyone in Soweto pay anything for electricity? Is the debt because of everyone or because of some of the residents?

Out of interest, does anyone in Soweto pay anything for electricity? Is the debt because of everyone or because of some of the residents?

I think there are some paying, it causes problems with cutting power as you can't cut say a street if there are residents in that street that are paying.

There is also mention of Billing problems.

Some peeps with Prepaid meters was also disconnected....I dont know the full extent of the issues, just what I briefly scanned in the media

The Soweto Electricity Committee said that "there are more people that pay nothing than people that pay".

There is also mention of Billing problems.

Some peeps with Prepaid meters was also disconnected....I dont know the full extent of the issues, just what I briefly scanned in the media

58 Prepaid machines that can top up prepaid boxes conveniently dissapeared from Eskom when they started installing the boxes.

So much in-fighting in the ANC, they protest against themselves.......

There are definitely smoke and mirrors at play here. You see, the Sowetans are calling for that its unfair and that they want to be treated the same as other communities. What they are not saying is that they want to be treated the same as other communities that don't pay. It has happened numerous times, protests because of the threat of disconnection because of non-payment. In every case the protestors got their way. There are many townships that pay nothing, and the Sowetans are only doing what has worked in the past to get it free.

Edited by Ascension

This is a result of unfeasible ANC promises. We all should be protesting because Pravin stated that we are paying 4x more than what we should because of corruption at Eskom.

This is a result of unfeasible ANC promises. We all should be protesting because Pravin stated that we are paying 4x more than what we should because of corruption at Eskom.

unfeasible vote harvesting promises . . . .

When the governments own departments do not pay and are in arrears, small wonder than in the street follows.

CAPE TOWN – Following the suspension of trains in the Western Cape on Thursday afternoon due to non-payment to Eskom, the power utility has now confirmed receiving payment from the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (Prasa) with power restored.

https://ewn.co.za/2020/02/27/wc-metrorail-service-restored-after-prasa-pays-eskom-bill

When the governments own departments do not pay and are in arrears, small wonder than in the street follows.

CAPE TOWN – Following the suspension of trains in the Western Cape on Thursday afternoon due to non-payment to Eskom, the power utility has now confirmed receiving payment from the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (Prasa) with power restored.

https://ewn.co.za/2020/02/27/wc-metrorail-service-restored-after-prasa-pays-eskom-bill

Was it disconnected from other Provinces also, or just the Western Cape?

My logic tells me if it's in arrears in the WC, it will be in arrears in all the provinces. Or am I being retarded with this train of thought?