Custom Printed Cycling Shirt

GroenHoender

Does anyone have recommendations of any place in the Western Cape area, of companies that makes & print custom cycling shirts.

Preferably those that do shirts up to 3XL (Southern Africa size, not the European size where a 3XL is actually a XL or, rarely, a 2XL) :-P

Manie at Anatomic, just off the N1 at koeberg intersection (northgate park I think)

Weve just put in an order with them, and have been ordering for the last number of years.

New styles are quite nice.

3 sets of custom elite shirt prints and elite bib prints only cost us around R6800 inc vat. Definitely worth it.

Edited by Surv0MTB

Thanks, guys.

The great irony is that most local companies that make/print bicycle shirts have different interpretations of sizing, similiar to their UK counterparts.

For example, one company says its 3XL bike tops is 125cm chest, another says 130cm for their 3XL and so on. Then I am not talking about the other measurements like neck, biceps and waists. Nowhere a single same standard size.

I myself have a chest of 136cm and a neck of 46cm (the norm for 3XL is 130cm chest, 44cm neck, etc) and rarely found a bicycle top that is actually a bit loose (ie, not skin-tight fitting). The end-result of too much rugby excercises. Btw, my size is not even close to what is considered a 4XL (chest = 140cm).

I have been wearing First Ascent's PowerSlide Jersey (in 3XL which is "lekker" loose-fitting.

Link here: http://www.firstascent.co.za/shop/mens-powerslide-jersey/

When compared with their other FirstAscent tops, such as Boundless Jersey (which is the only other 3XL item available) it is immediate obvious that the Boundless Jersey is very tight, even if it is the same 3XL category!

Link here: http://www.firstascent.co.za/shop/mens-boundless-jersey/

Unfortunately, for me, the Powerslide Jersey is out of stock, and FirstAscent cannot tell me when they will be making new ones (been waiting for 6+ months now for them).

Imagine my frustration at spending money and time to find something, only to find it not fitting! And ending up with a lot of bike clothes that I cannot even use, or sell (as most other bicycle riders are usually in the XL or 2XL category).

Hence this topic of mine....to find a company that is willing to do custom-made shirts, which is hopefully big and loose. And if I can throw in a colour scheme / logo / pattern design of my own in, why not? A bonus!

Edited by GroenHoender

Thanks, guys.

The great irony is that most local companies that make/print bicycle shirts have different interpretations of sizing, similiar to their UK counterparts.

For example, one company says its 3XL bike tops is 125cm chest, another says 130cm for their 3XL and so on. Then I am not talking about the other measurements like neck, biceps and waists. Nowhere a single same standard size.

I myself have a chest of 136cm and a neck of 46cm (the norm for 3XL is 130cm chest, 44cm neck, etc) and rarely found a bicycle top that is actually a bit loose (ie, not skin-tight fitting). The end-result of too much rugby excercises. Btw, my size is not even close to what is considered a 4XL (chest = 140cm).

I have been wearing First Ascent's PowerSlide Jersey (in 3XL which is "lekker" loose-fitting.

Link here: http://www.firstascent.co.za/shop/mens-powerslide-jersey/

When compared with their other FirstAscent tops, such as Boundless Jersey (which is the only other 3XL item available) it is immediate obvious that the Boundless Jersey is very tight, even if it is the same 3XL category!

Link here: http://www.firstascent.co.za/shop/mens-boundless-jersey/

Unfortunately, for me, the Powerslide Jersey is out of stock, and FirstAscent cannot tell me when they will be making new ones (been waiting for 6+ months now for them).

Hence this topic of mine....to find a company that is willing to do custom-made shirts, which is hopefully big and loose. And if I can throw in a colour scheme / logo / pattern design of my own in, why not? A bonus!

Give Manie at Anatomic a shout... they go up to 5XL, and even beyond if required. And SA sizing  :thumbup:

http://www.weardirect.co.za/anatomic-factory-outlets

Rocket sports were running a special. Was advertised in the Cape Town Cycle Tour Magazine

Depends on what kind of fabric you're after and quality of the shirts. To be fair we've used alot of different guys over the last few years for clients and it's horses for courses with fabric, quality and budget. 

Many @ Anatomic though has always been spot on and they have some new euro style fabrics in now that are pretty sweet. 

Depends on what kind of fabric you're after and quality of the shirts. To be fair we've used alot of different guys over the last few years for clients and it's horses for courses with fabric, quality and budget. 

Many @ Anatomic though has always been spot on and they have some new euro style fabrics in now that are pretty sweet. 

Manie has always been great. Like you say, it depends on what the client wants...at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

When it comes to sizing, Anatomic will cut up a bib to give you different sized lowers and uppers. So you can get a small lower, and a large upper for the funny fits.

For shirts, you can adjust the length anywhere around the top if needed so its highly customisable.

Best advice is to go to their shop and try on different sizes.

3 sets of custom elite shirt prints and elite bib prints only cost us around R6800 inc vat. Definitely worth it.

Could you order just 3 sets of custom clothing from them?

Enjoy Fitness. Speak to Richard. Not cheap, but very much worth it and they do short runs.

Coincidentally found EnjoyFitness.Co.Za before I posted this topic.

Their prices are very reasonable (R500 something) for a jersey.

Thanks!