Karoo To Coast 2015

ErikD

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm silly, not mad. 

Mad is Rigid HT SS.

I wont be doing that again.......

Decided that we will be staying with family in Plett and getting them to drive us to Uniondale Sunday morning. Having done it 3 times I really don't want to camp in the freezing cold Sat night.

Last year you couldn't drive up to Uniondale on the route due to the flood damage. Assuming the road is open this year by what time do you have to be off the route. Or is the detour via George a better option ?

Decided that we will be staying with family in Plett and getting them to drive us to Uniondale Sunday morning. Having done it 3 times I really don't want to camp in the freezing cold Sat night.

Last year you couldn't drive up to Uniondale on the route due to the flood damage. Assuming the road is open this year by what time do you have to be off the route. Or is the detour via George a better option ?

We went through George (no issues) stayed in Knysna, this year staying wilderness.

Yay!! Two out of three entries secured, big thanks to those offering substitutions.  Just ONE more needed, if anyone needs to offload an unwanted entry.  

Yay!! Two out of three entries secured, big thanks to those offering substitutions.  Just ONE more needed, if anyone needs to offload an unwanted entry.  

Check their Fb page, quite a few people putting entries up there.

It's not a super-tough event but don't be fooled by the route profile - it's not downhill to the coast. There is lots and lots of climbing. I did 4:17 last year and it was my first attempt. One thing I learned was don't do all the work on the front as nobody else wants to share the load. I bonked at 80km and subsequently lost my chance of a sub4.

This year, the sub4 is going to happen. Have some strategy planned.

I will be hugging your backwheel then, since my legs gonna be slushpuppies after Dr Evil

I will be hugging your backwheel then, since my legs gonna be slushpuppies after Dr Evil

I will also be doing all 4 days... It's the only way ;)

Howzit. Unfortunately I cannot make it this year. I have a entry PM me if interested.

Howzit. Unfortunately I cannot make it this year. I have a entry PM me if interested.

PM sent - definitely want it please!!

I will also be doing all 4 days... It's the only way ;)

Will also be doing the 4 days.

Did it last year, enjoyed both events.

K2C I was struggling from 70km, Simola is all I can remember, went up and down very slowly, finished in 4:16.

Got married in April, so training not priority at the moment. Riding buddy did Epic and two Ultra's so currently eating his dust.

Looking forward to day 2 of Evil.

I will be on Vipa.

Hope to see you guys.

AND we're all in - thanks to Starvin'Marvin for the last one.  All-in-all, two first-timers, one DNF and an old hand... a few hills to ride in the next month  :w00t:

AND we're all in - thanks to Starvin'Marvin for the last one.  All-in-all, two first-timers, one DNF and an old hand... a few hills to ride in the next month  :w00t:

Yay!! best of luck :clap:

Archived