Karoo To Coast 2015

ErikD

Willowmore to Uniondale takes me 30 minutes, so it is not that much earlier.

My pre-race breakfast is always a can of Monster Zero. Don't know why but when I have that before a ride I always ride lekker. Probably because I don't take in a lot of caffeine normally.

driving through from Knysna. Rather sleep warm and have a good nights rest and wake up early. I just klap a packet of instant oats

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what the tents looked like the morning of the race 2013. Between the cold and snoring orchestra it's not a great option.

post-10555-0-85165100-1442311808_thumb.jpg

PLEASE!!!!!! Secure waterbots with extra elastic,boms to be taped if in your pocket.Not cool dodging waterbots at speed on the Wapad or listening to your noise when I am trying to remember to breath.

A good sleep the night before is as good as a very powerful breakfast , but I do add the chocolate Pronutro or some instant Oats. Force down a nice piesang cause it takes a long time to digest and will provide fuel for longer. Double clutch on the coffee. Slip an energy bar in the pocket and shout "Jariva, jariva". You will, in any case, only get out what training you've put in. You cannot put lipstick on a pig. 

PLEASE!!!!!! Secure waterbots with extra elastic,boms to be taped if in your pocket.Not cool dodging waterbots at speed on the Wapad or listening to your noise when I am trying to remember to breath.

Haha, the water bottles add to the fun.

Vier eiers, pronutro, heuning, peanut botter, drie piesangs in 'n shake, maar net as jou ketting nuut is hehe..

Dinner is so-so, Breezer.

Remember it is pre cooked and mass produced for a few thousand cyclist's. Mostly some kind of pasta dish.

Or at least that is my take on it (being an ex cop and dorm brat, I'll eat almost anything with tomato sauce or chutney on it, so I do not complain too much. :ph34r: )

I see that there is dinner on Saturday evening. Is it any good or should I take my own food?

Spaghetti bolognaise and as Wannabe said. Remember they have to cater for many. So if you have any diet preferences...... bring your own.

Vier eiers, pronutro, heuning, peanut botter, drie piesangs in 'n shake, maar net as jou ketting nuut is hehe..

daai storie sal my valve laat lek...lank voor ek ketting breek trap.

daai storie sal my valve laat lek...lank voor ek ketting breek trap.

Haha Nox ja mens moenie iets nuuts op 'n racedag gebruik!

Johann are you sorted?

My driver has pulled the plug on me... Any reliable Hubbers who can help drive my car from Uniondale - Knysna Sunday morning? Also willing to offer R400 or same worth in beer. Valid driver license and no criminal record preferably.. PM me if you can help! Thanks

Had it on the trails to see if it would sort itself out, but nope, no luck.

That's the reason why I never buy Conti's 

Maxxis all the way!!! 

I go with whatever is cheapest. Right now it's Crossmark, but the rear one is very moeg as reported earlier. 

Archived