Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody experiencing serious battery drain after upgrading to 5.0?

Yip but it does not seem like every time however.  After upgrading to 5.0 it has happened twice though.

Not sure if it's been covered in the thread already but curious to know if anyone has used screen protectors and also where you bought them? 

• 2 weeks later...

No screen protector.  Had mine since April.  That is 7 months with not a scratch.  Wear it every day.  Gardening, cycling, running, office.

Do you have the sapphire model?

I've got the Sapphire (grey colour) and bought a screen protector. What a mission to fit precisely and it looked crap so I took it off. I've got a few scratches on it since April/May but it's not very noticeable. It's a watch and it's gonna get a few bumps. I read on a Garmin forum discussion on this topic once that an adventure watch should really look like it may have been on an adventure or two!

Edited by Jigghead

Do you have to wear a heart rate monitor to be able to track your heart rate with this watch?

Also, what is the battery life in GPS mode? Will it survive a 14km (8 hour) hike?

Are you able to upload data from Garmin Connect to Strava?

Edited by BarryHeyns

Do you have to wear a heart rate monitor to be able to track your heart rate with this watch?

Also, what is the battery life in GPS mode? Will it survive a 14km (8 hour) hike?

Are you able to upload data from Garmin Connect to Strava?

Yes. Yes and yes

• 3 weeks later...

That is correct, but even on a family plan one should only get 25% back on R4000 pm. I want 25% on the full R8k.

Ok thanks. I am also Diamond status. Will email Discovery and give feedback.

hi. was trying to find out about this and also getting mixed info. did you get anything concrete - do you get 25% off or max r1000?

I have a question.....is it worth spending the extra cash for the sapphire model??

I'm pretty sure the only people that could tell you are the ones that have owned both. I've had the cheaper model for about 4 months now. The screen is fine, although I have a few very small marks in the metal ring around the glass.

I have mates with both versions. The guys with the sapphire crystals are in much better nic 6 months down the line.

I've got the non-sapphire model and bought a generic cellphone screen protector (R20 for three) then cut out a 38mm dia circle, stuck it on the F3, and voila, no scratches on the glass.

I dont think it is a the glass that gets the scratches but the metal ring..according to Cape Union Mart you can replace the metal ring when it gets to much scratches

I dont think it is a the glass that gets the scratches but the metal ring..according to Cape Union Mart you can replace the metal ring when it gets to much scratches

You can't. It's a single unit, and the screen is attached to the ring. That's what was on the fenix forums. Essentially you'd be replacing the whole unit.