Statement regarding alternative routes for 2015 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

Is that up past Blouberg? And pancake flat is it not?

yup, although it gets pretty hilly if it would manage to go into durbanville side, aka vissershok climb and all the others in that area... we might be doing the Die Burger lol

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect that there are many that would rather see the event cancelled as it will not have the same feel as previous years and yes the original route is spectacular as it winds its way round the ocean front surrounding the peninsula! But do these same people respect that there are many others who would like to show support for the efforts being put in by the crews of firefighters battling this disaster and some solidarity for the people affected who have lost homes, by still choosing to pitch up, invest their money and time by being here?

Get some route together and let these people ride. Come on Cycle Tour Trust, you can do it! Show us your back up plan!

Guest Smimby

What about the stellenbocsh cycle tour route?

Don't think that it will be easy to move the venue at short notice, might be easier to keep it and move route.

Tiekie draai, N7 Vissershok should be fun

If the event is cancelled, we will not be refunded our entry fees! It is in the terms and conditions that we all agreed to when we entered! The organisers reserve the right to cancel the event due to unsafe conditions and /or natural disasters.

I think it is very short notice to have the route completely changed! Lets wait and see what they say at the press conference at 16h00!

Guest Smimby

Respect that there are many that would rather see the event cancelled as it will not have the same feel as previous years and yes the original route is spectacular as it winds its way round the ocean front surrounding the peninsula! But do these same people respect that there are many others who would like to show support for the efforts being put in by the crews of firefighters battling this disaster and some solidarity for the people affected who have lost homes, by still choosing to pitch up, invest their money and time by being here?

Get some route together and let these people ride. Come on Cycle Tour Trust, you can do it! Show us your back up plan!

This is how a city shows that it is 1st class.

Don't just give up, make a plan. This is the opportunity to show the world what Cape Town is capable off

Guest Smimby

If the event is cancelled, we will not be refunded our entry fees! It is in the terms and conditions that we all agreed to when we entered! The organisers reserve the right to cancel the event due to unsafe conditions and /or natural disasters.

I think it is very short notice to have the route completely changed! Lets wait and see what they say at the press conference at 16h00!

Why, it is in the T$C that the route can be changed at ANY time so they can tell the day before or like in the Epic, the night before that a route has changed due to xyz.

Don't just give up, make a plan. This is the opportunity to show the world what Cape Town is capable off

:thumbup: :clap:

Agreed! I' for one, will be delighted to accept a slightly chaotic ride, over an unfamiliar route, to show we can pull together (and pull a cycle tour rabbit out of a hat the ashes)

Agreed! I' for one, will be delighted to accept a slightly chaotic ride, over an unfamiliar route, to show we can pull together (and pull a cycle tour rabbit out of a hat the ashes)

CTCT - Phoenix Edition?