Running...it sucks!! but......

L.T.G

I read that the healthy part of running is up to 10km...anything more then that and you doing damage to your body...don't know how true that is..but I am loving getting out on the road for 2 odd hours with just me and my thoughts...so while I am enjoying that..I will take the that with a pinch of salt

I do believe that everyone should run in and compete at least one marathon in their life..that first one leaves you with a scene of euphoria you can't easily describe

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that the healthy part of running is up to 10km...anything more then that and you doing damage to your body...don't know how true that is..but I am loving getting out on the road for 2 odd hours with just me and my thoughts...so while I am enjoying that..I will take the that with a pinch of salt

I do believe that everyone should run in and compete at least one marathon in their life..that first one leaves you with a scene of euphoria you can't easily describe

Hey Stretch, your body builds muscle up to 30kms of continuous running there after you start breaking down muscle and eating at your body. 

All i can say is that i am glad i run as it my transition into mtb a whole lot easier...... 

Just entered my next race 

Hey Stretch, your body builds muscle up to 30kms of continuous running there after you start breaking down muscle and eating at your body.

All i can say is that i am glad i run as it my transition into mtb a whole lot easier......

Interesting..so the magic number is then 30km

I would take that with a pinch of salt.  No magic number for everyone.

It depends on various factors including, but not limited to, the type of terrain, amount of descend, training status, speed, nutrition, etc.

Right so what I want to know is why ppl I know drop weight running ( and also if u listen to ppl who run and also cycle they say it helps them drop weight) but why is cycling not seen as so effective for dropping weight, compared to running that is - or so it sounds...

No idea if that makes sense...

Da vinci. That's true. Don't ask why, but if I run 3x 8km every week I drop weight irrespective of diet. If I only cycle I don't.

Something special about running that no 2 wheels can provide, can't really compare them though both awesome. Nothing like the freedom and connection when its just you, your feet and the ground beneath them.

Do notice I feel looser and more powerful on the bike after say a little run in the morning and then ride in the afternoon.

If you are the "no pain no gain" type then running is for you...

Cycling has never made me stiff and sore like running does (not counting falling off the bike)

You can be 100% running fit and just do one run harder /faster than what you normally do and almost guaranteed you will feel which muscles you used, cycling does not do that. 

If you are the "no pain no gain" type then running is for you...

Cycling has never made me stiff and sore like running does (not counting falling off the bike)

You can be 100% running fit and just do one run harder /faster than what you normally do and almost guaranteed you will feel which muscles you used, cycling does not do that. 

concurred!

I've got a little route that I usually do in around the 33 min mark, one day I pushed to do a sub 30... did a 29:58 and could hardly walk the next day :huh:

I"ve just come back from lunch and did it in a 30:06 ... we'll see if my body hates me tomorrow :mellow:

Running still sucks..... but I think I'm starting to hate it less :whistling:

Clearly you don't know me.

I have been hiking since I was a teenager and trekked in Tibet, hiked in Namibia, solo hiked the summit of the Berg when I was a teenager. and mountain biked in Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Eritrea, USA. Malawi and a bunch of others.

Still think running is rubbish.

where in Kenya?

concurred!

I've got a little route that I usually do in around the 33 min mark, one day I pushed to do a sub 30... did a 29:58 and could hardly walk the next day :huh:

I"ve just come back from lunch and did it in a 30:06 ... we'll see if my body hates me tomorrow :mellow:

please stop with this running nonsense...enough. I am actually thinking about going to buy a pair of running shoes.

Damn it's gonna hurt for the first month....and I am the no pain on gain guy with red mist syndrome. I need to stop reading this thread before I can't walk properly for a few weeks.

please stop with this running nonsense...enough. I am actually thinking about going to buy a pair of running shoes.

Damn it's gonna hurt for the first month....and I am the no pain on gain guy with red mist syndrome. I need to stop reading this thread before I can't walk properly for a few weeks.

Pikey see you tomorrow at 5 am easy 10km ....... Come on

Pikey see you tomorrow at 5 am easy 10km ....... Come on

i'm not listening..... 10km ??? baby steps bryan baby steps..... Think I will try get round to 5km first,maybe .

concurred!

I must come join you for a run .

Archived