It has never been a secret that Summit Cycles is my bike shop of choice, but, just wanted to share another positive reason I love the service there.

I recently sent my sister's frame down to Bogus to be resprayed (separate pictures to follow at some point) and I had Wyatt strip the bike for it to go down, and rebuild when it came back.

The frame arrived back yesterday, and Wyatt let me know the bike would be ready this afternoon.

I'd asked him to do a tubeless conversion while he had the bike, and they were struggling a bit with the one tyre.

He kept working about 45 minutes after closing time to get it completed.

Always good to see somebody who really cares about providing good customer service. :thumbup:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you take him beers whilst he worked late?

He does work harder than most.

:thumbup: :clap:

Page 40 of this months Bicycling Mag has a good guideline of what beers are owed for these types of extra miles.

I remember reading in a bicycle mag a few years ago that suggested that bike mechs would actually prefer it if you bring them cake rather than beer. I haven't tried this yet though so I am not sure if it would be better received or not.

I remember reading in a bicycle mag a few years ago that suggested that bike mechs would actually prefer it if you bring them cake rather than beer. I haven't tried this yet though so I am not sure if it would be better received or not.

There may be some truth to that...coincidentally, Wyatt's wife showed up yesterday afternoon...with cupcakes. Though I am pretty sure he'd have been even more grateful if there was beer with it ;):P

If you crack a nod for coffee, the coffee is pretty good too ????

Edited by Uni

If you crack a nod for coffee, the coffee is pretty good too

I heard coffee was for people who aren't good enough for anything better...;):P just kidding

Did you take him beers whilst he worked late?

He does work harder than most.

:thumbup:  :clap:

Beer and pizza is way way to win over any mechie....except on a Saturday morning then it's coffee  :thumbup:

Great stuff to the Midrand guys  :clap:  :clap:

Anton has always been such an amazing bike shop owner to deal with. He's the only mechanic I trust with my bike and is the best wheel guru around.

Plus, he's a fantastic guy too. Knows his stuff when it comes to most things, and is a always ready to help you, after laughing first!

And his contributions to the Hub are invaluable too.

Best guy in the industry around. Seriously.

Plus, he's a fantastic guy too. Knows his stuff when it comes to most things, and is a always ready to help you, after laughing first!

You know, when I have to go in there, I always factor in time for a *** talk. 

There's no such thing about going in there "quickly" - but that's part of why I like the vibe.

I met Anton during the week when I took my wheel set to Summit Cycles for a rebuild - and what a bloody nice oke!

He was quite busy but still took the time to explain all my options as well as the pros and cons of each and then showed me some of the work that BogusOne did...pure eye candy :drool:.  I could definitely see Anton's passion for all things cycling :thumbup: .

It was a pleasure meeting you Wyatt!