First Look: Pyga Stage MX and Plus Five chain line concept

Nick

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have that amazing fork and then go an install XO groupo on the bike? Why....

Wouldn't call it amazing, myself. Twice the price of the SID, not enough torsional rigidity to shake a stick at... meh. Nah. Rather stick a reba or revelation on there

Wouldn't call it amazing, myself. Twice the price of the SID, not enough torsional rigidity to shake a stick at... meh. Nah. Rather stick a reba or revelation on there

Having said that...Ask all the mechanics at the Epic & they will tell you how good that shock is!! flawless.... just saying....

Don't read too much into the components, this is still a test bike. I neglected to ask if they'd offer a full build kit but going by Pyga's current business model, buyers will likely be speccing their own frames.

How can they say that the wheel is no longer dished, and in the next sentence say they're not creating a new standard?

I was just thinking about this. So you will have to build a rear wheel specific to his frame... pretty much unique if you ask me.

I am actually running a spacer between my crank and my N/W chain ring to move the chain line closer to the 42 cog on my 1x10 setup... didn't know that a little chain line tweak qualifies for so much glory :)

Anyway, awesome bike and perfect for the Talas 90-120 that I am running on my Element at the moment. Unfortunately the price point is moving it far away....

edit: typo

How can they say that the wheel is no longer dished, and in the next sentence say they're not creating a new standard?

I think they mean that they're not requiring any proprietary parts to achieve this.

You can take a bog std 142x12 rear hub and have it built to the required dish.

it not new. Cannondale did this last year with their F-Si 29 Hardtail and the new Scalpel is going the same way. Cannondale use a 6mm offset which I believe they patented so PYGA can't use 6mm. They opted for 5mm and using the gearing aspect as the reason or change which Is pretty smart way of getting around what Cannondale has done.

would 650b wheels on this bike look out of place ?

It'd reduce the height of the bb by approx 0.7 inches depending on the tyres used. Given that it's already low, I wouldn't do it. If you're looking at a pyga for 650b then I'd go for the 120/650b. it's not carbon though.