How easy/difficult is it to get to your place? What are the closest transportation points? I.e. airport, train station etc?

Hi Jacques - It's not very difficult to get to us and there are a number of ways to do it.

I have the airport distances/times. Let me just find out about taxi transfer costs, buses etc and then I'll put all the info on here.

Edited by Bonus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love these updates.. and that place.. man.. amazing. .

Were you able to get any info on how old the building is?

Maybe get one of those bush cutters for that slope of a lawn.[emoji6]

Maybe rent the lawn out occasionally to some living breathing 4 legged grass eaters.... As long as the farmers don't insist on them wearing bells

Maybe rent the lawn out occasionally to some living breathing 4 legged grass eaters.... As long as the farmers don't insist on them wearing bells

Our farmer neighbour does have sheep and he grazes them on this own land and on friends land every evening. I sometimes walk with him and we chat. Him in Spanish and me in Spanglish. I'll see if his sheep want to climb our hill.

Slowly but surely, in between gardening and interviewing builders, we are working our way through a barn full of boxes. The big stuff has to stay in the secure barn but the smaller boxes, once we've taken out the bits we need at the apartment in Ainsa, are "migrating" up into a storage room in the Farmers house. . . . post-4874-0-82247400-1461592212_thumb.jpgpost-4874-0-44184600-1461592232_thumb.jpg

Slowly but surely, in between gardening and interviewing builders, we are working our way through a barn full of boxes. The big stuff has to stay in the secure barn but the smaller boxes, once we've taken out the bits we need at the apartment in Ainsa, are "migrating" up into a storage room in the Farmers house. . . . post-4874-0-82247400-1461592212_thumb.jpgpost-4874-0-44184600-1461592232_thumb.jpg

Bonus,

those Baileys boxes look familiar, they are at our today packing everything in sight, although someone has been lax in sorting all the crap in his garage, a long evening ahead....

Cheers

Bonus,

those Baileys boxes look familiar, they are at our today packing everything in sight, although someone has been lax in sorting all the crap in his garage, a long evening ahead....

Cheers

So far we have found a half box of tissues, a half bag of charcoal and some oily bike rags that should not have made it into packing boxes! 

Also worth mentioning that you need to put what's not going "far away" from what is going. We found a box of "Things for the Salvation Army" stuff that we have now paid to have shipped to Spain! lol

And be careful what & where you put stuff down as you walk through the front door after a trip out. Wendy took a denim jacket off and 15 mins later it was packed. . . .

(which I thought was very funny, but apparently was not funny at all)

Happy Packing . . . .

B.

Edited by Bonus

I hope everyone in SA had a nice Public Holiday yesterday . . . .

To help you get through being back at work today, here are some pics we took on a day-trip to the town of Alquezar - an hours drive from home, yesterday . . . . .post-4874-0-02297900-1461832033_thumb.jpgpost-4874-0-55088900-1461832082_thumb.jpgpost-4874-0-13542900-1461832112_thumb.jpg

Good grief. Looks like a page out of Margaret Mitchell's head. My wife would be so hot for me if I took her there. I would change my name to Clark Gable and smoke cigarettes with those longer holder thingies. I would also wear driving gloves and rounded tortoise shell shades. 

Good grief. Looks like a page out of Margaret Mitchell's head. My wife would be so hot for me if I took her there. I would change my name to Clark Gable and smoke cigarettes with those longer holder thingies. I would also wear driving gloves and rounded tortoise shell shades. 

For a little guy, you have an amazing amount of completely useless info inside your head, you know that?!

Take it as a compliment... I have people tell me the same thing, only they relate it to the size of my skull... 

For a little guy, you have an amazing amount of completely useless info inside your head, you know that?!

Take it as a compliment... I have people tell me the same thing, only they relate it to the size of my skull... 

I think its the medication. I've given up on matching sock length and colours. As long as I'm wearing one on each foot I think I'll be ok. 

A bit about the pretty spot from wikipedia.

Alquézar (Alquezra in Aragonese)[2] is a municipality in the province of Huesca, in the autonomous community of Aragon, Spain. As of 2012, its population was 301.

Situated on a limestone outcrop of Eocene age to the west of the canyon of the Rio Vero in the Sierra y Cañones de Guara Natural Park, the village grew up around a castle and the Collegiate church of Santa Maria, which was consecrated in 1099.

The name of the village comes from the Arabic القصر al qaçr for "fort" or "castle" (renamed as Alcazar in Spanish)