continental tyres do not buy

Farouvic

Hi,

Is there anyone who have had problems with the Grandprix 4000S II tyres? I fitted this type of tyre and after 100kms it parted from it's bead core. After phoning the agents, the first thing they did was to blame the person that installed it. It seems to me that they think that there will never be any problems with their quality control. So now I am stuck with a useless expensive tyre.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Is there anyone who have had problems with the Grandprix 4000S II tyres? I fitted this type of tyre and after 100kms it parted from it's bead core. After phoning the agents, the first thing they did was to blame the person that installed it. It seems to me that they think that there will never be any problems with their quality control. So now I am stuck with a useless expensive tyre.

Pictures?

I don't think you are going to get many hub supporters of your "do not buy" policy.

It's true that sometimes a bad apple slips through QC, but there are many, many riders (myself included) who have used Conti's for years with no problems.

I've used 4000S11 since they came out, 4000S before that, on all my bikes, with no issues.

You are however correct that they shouldn't try to shift the blame for a bad tyre ~ assuming it was defective.

I don't think you are going to get many hub supporters of your "do not buy" policy.

It's true that sometimes a bad apple slips through QC, but there are many, many riders (myself included) who have used Conti's for years with no problems.

I've used 4000S11 since they came out, 4000S before that, on all my bikes, with no issues.

You are however correct that they shouldn't try to shift the blame for a bad tyre ~ assuming it was defective.

I think this was a one hit wonder

Got the same tyres on my bike, been using them for the last 4 or 5 years. Have never had problems

I have had both a X king and race king as rear tyres and managed to rip the sidewall cords on both.

Not for me obviously.

How much were they? :D

Agreed...never had any issues and many happy long miles to date...best tyre/s I've ever used

I know about three (or is it four?) people who also told me they will never buy Continental ROAD bike tyres again.

makes me think.... always issues with Continental ROAD tyres.

The bottom line is, if there was a problem with the tyre, they could have replaced it. I mean, we talking about a company that makes a moerse lot of money what's it to replace one tyre?

mean, who of us really need a bike shop to fit a tyre. I do it myself to all my bikes that I've had. 

Did they even bother to inspect the tyre or did this inspection take place telephonically?

Been using the Grand Prix 4000 Tyres for a couple off years now , now issues . Maybe a reject tyre or two slips through Their QC department , That could be the problem .

Archived