continental tyres do not buy

Farouvic

They are brilliant tyres with many fans around the world. Sorry that you got a dud.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much were they? :D

Not sure what you mean?

I paid around R400 a pop, was in a bargain bin at the LBS. Non protection version.

When giving it stick in the bends they would actually make noises like the tyre was taking strain. Then they would simply fold and the cords go. Nise S shape bend in the tyre as if the tyre is buckled. No under pressure issues, running at 2 bar.

I must say. I had to replace 2 x GP4000 after less than a month due to bad cuts and multiple punctures.

Switched to Gators and no problems since.

Agents could have done a bit more, sorry they suck. They blame incorrect installation, yes his a one post dude and yes you get duds, but it is how the brand is backed up which counts. If OP's version is true then agents didn't score high, they could have inspected it. btw how many posts do you require before you have respect ? :w00t:

Bought a Bontrager road tyre a while ago. Had a problem with tyre after about 200km. Lbs said they will contact local supplier

, after 3 weeks with no feedback, I then sent an e mail to Bontrager in USA expaining my problem, within 48 hours a new tyre was deliver to me.

Bought a Bontrager road tyre a while ago. Had a problem with tyre after about 200km. Lbs said they will contact local supplier

, after 3 weeks with no feedback, I then sent an e mail to Bontrager in USA expaining my problem, within 48 hours a new tyre was deliver to me.

now I have no clue of brands, but it is stories like these that wins over the in betweeners

Hi,

Is there anyone who have had problems with the Grandprix 4000S II tyres? I fitted this type of tyre and after 100kms it parted from it's bead core. After phoning the agents, the first thing they did was to blame the person that installed it. It seems to me that they think that there will never be any problems with their quality control. So now I am stuck with a useless expensive tyre.

Yup, quite an old issue. I have had the sidewalls start comming apart in threads after 4 races. its a lightweight tire, and simply doesnt last. my gatorskins also did this but after a hell of a lot more riding.

I use Vittoria Rubino Pro now, really good puncture resistance, and last agood long time and half the price.

Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp have been great for racing but much more expensive than the Rubinos.

Most frustrating thing is the amount of glass on our roads, you can destroy a brand new tire in one weekend in the cradle if luck is against you.

btw how many posts do you require before you have respect ? :w00t:

I presume you're referring to the odd comment giving the OP some gears...

It's not really a respect vs posts issue. The OP has posted a complaint with the opening sentence as a question - so they are looking for a response. It's not just a whining rant that he/ she wish to float out into the cyber abyss with no reply. To help their cause they could've started by typing a proper, punctuated title - indicated a serious intent to solve a problem from the onset. They too, since receiving numerous responses could've participated in the discussion, debating the issue and actually resolving the initial question and statements made. 

Long time since i raced road seriously but Conti 3000 and 4000's were notorious for sidewalls popping. And unthreading.

Still great tires though.

The Gatorskins became my go to tire eventually.

But if you dont handle a tire properly in fitting and you force the sidewall over a high lipped rim you can do a lot of damage.

So the agents are probably chops but its also likely they see a lot of people who have actually destroyed the tire fitting it and then are trying to pull a fast one by getting a new one rather than being honest.

Its this new law abiding South African society we live in that is biting us in the arse.

My 2 cents

Archived