Hollard JUMA 2015: Rocking the new routes

News bot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it last year,HUGE disappointment,not nearly enough medics to attend to the injured,waaaay too many people who entered,and besides the injured,lot of people i know got sick (stomach bugs ect from the contact with sewage water). Hopefully they will give medals to this year's participants(they have a awesome symbols,why not make that into a medal instead of a purple bell for the sexually frustrated??) rant over,lol,good luck to the people who will participate,all of the best, and keep the rubber on the ground.

All this whining. I for one am pretty keen. I'm a bit torn because it falls on the same day as the hakahana enduro but I think since this is a once off I'll be doing it. I've been working on my seeding too so I shouldn't have to wait in the horrendous bottlenecks like last year. Didn't know they where putting a permanent underpass in Linden. I for one would have happily donated to that cause alone. The spruit is getting better and better. We are seriously privileged living along the edges of it.

Another thing frankly the "a noob did something dumb in front of me" line is getting really old. This is MTB; pay attention. I've had people stop and jump off their bike in front of me and do you know what I did. I rode around them. Get some proper tread on your tyres and you might be able to do the same. If you're such a badass rider that everyone else is a noob you should know how to take evasive action at moments notice.

All this whining. I for one am pretty keen. I'm a bit torn because it falls on the same day as the hakahana enduro but I think since this is a once off I'll be doing it. I've been working on my seeding too so I shouldn't have to wait in the horrendous bottlenecks like last year. Didn't know they where putting a permanent underpass in Linden. I for one would have happily donated to that cause alone. The spruit is getting better and better. We are seriously privileged living along the edges of it.

Another thing frankly the "a noob did something dumb in front of me" line is getting really old. This is MTB; pay attention. I've had people stop and jump off their bike in front of me and do you know what I did. I rode around them. Get some proper tread on your tyres and you might be able to do the same. If you're such a badass rider that everyone else is a noob you should know how to take evasive action at moments notice.

I agree, all this moaning and crying and the noobs did that to me and the noobs did this to me, and the water is dirty and the inclines are to steep. Seriously WTF!?! Toughen up or go play tennis!

If u are new to mountain biking at this event you are almost garenteed to get hurt, if u have some experience you will likely have a tumble as well .

This event is not for beginners the quicker we paint this picture the better we can manage expectations for average Joe who is purely hoping to make his first 55 km.

If this is your first mtb race , you sir will have a 50/50 chance of a ambulance ride to the local hospital .

If u are new to mountain biking at this event you are almost garenteed to get hurt, if u have some experience you will likely have a tumble as well .

This event is not for beginners the quicker we paint this picture the better we can manage expectations for average Joe who is purely hoping to make his first 55 km.

If this is your first mtb race , you sir will have a 50/50 chance of a ambulance ride to the local hospital .

Crikey, your attitude is insulting - don't paint every "other" average joe with an incompetency brush. More than 50% of competent first timers should know when to push a bike vs crashing one.

Enjoy your tennis!

I did it last year, loved every minute of it. Had a grin slapped to my face for the entire ride.

I was finished and in the beer tent before 9am with Mikebike, JCZA, RossW, Escapee

Was an awesome day out but the guys that started near the back, I drank their beers on their behalf.

Sorry.

I did it last year, loved every minute of it. Had a grin slapped to my face for the entire ride.

I was finished and in the beer tent before 9am with Mikebike, JCZA, RossW, Escapee

Was an awesome day out but the guys that started near the back, I drank their beers on their behalf.

Sorry.

Thanks mate. My finish time was like 5 hours but my gps said I was only actually moving for 3. Looking forward to a better start this year.

Sorry.

What group did you start in? I had this strategy to up my seeding too, hope it pays off!

Out of interest, what happens to spruit access on the day?

Is it still rideable for the regulars who ride the spruit but don't want to ride the Juma?

Hakahana has been moved to the 19th/20th Sep.

Out of interest, what happens to spruit access on the day?

Is it still rideable for the regulars who ride the spruit but don't want to ride the Juma?

Not sure, but even if it is accessible, it's probably advisable to stay away. Same for other events, like Walk the Talk.