Sani2c 2016

Squier

I have done sofar one of the wettest 2 Oceans in recent years, the year after one of the windiest. Heat wave on the argus, as well as wind on the argus. Rain and the worst mud ever on the Cape pioneer 2013, Had stages shortened on Sabie experience due to rain and mud. Extreme cold at the Bostwana Kalahari challenge

Looks like my first Sani will also have a few surprises

You never get used to it, but at least its better than sitting at the office..

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done sofar one of the wettest 2 Oceans in recent years, the year after one of the windiest. Heat wave on the argus, as well as wind on the argus. Rain and the worst mud ever on the Cape pioneer 2013, Had stages shortened on Sabie experience due to rain and mud. Extreme cold at the Bostwana Kalahari challenge

Has anyone ever suggested to you that you may be the rain god?

I bought a entry from someone and was wondering if I would still be able to buy some of the sani clothing at the event (hoodie, shirt etc.) or if someone here is willing to sell theirs?

You'll get the kit at the registration but it will be in the original entrants size.  You can (try) and swap out after dinner each night where folk try and swap gear.  They often have shirts etc for sale at registration too.

You still have time. Swop your front tyre out at least. Even dry I would not ride crossmark front.

Yep. I noticed that this weekend when I took the bike for a shakedown. I asked the LBS for Ardent's on the front but he was out of stock so he fitted Crossmark.

I pretty much blew the last of my budget on the new tires so we'll see how this pans out during the race.

I hope you're not riding the Race!?

Tore a ligament in my wrist last week, was hoping it would get better but no such luck.

So I have a 2016 Sani2C race entry available. Problem is they are popping up everywhere on the hub. Any ideas on how I can try find a seller? Tried Hub classifieds, but no takers.

Tore a ligament in my wrist last week, was hoping it would get better but no such luck.

So I have a 2016 Sani2C race entry available. Problem is they are popping up everywhere on the hub. Any ideas on how I can try find a seller? Tried Hub classifieds, but no takers.

See it has just been tweeted via their official channel, might have some luck there.

Flying in on Friday morning to watch finish of Sani2c adventure Looking for a lift to Scottburgh high school or someone to share cost of shuttle. please give me a shout!

Does anybody have any idea as to the condition of the route after the weekend's flooding in KZN? Even the tweets does not really reveal much except that the finish has pretty much been destroyed. Since the event starts tomorrow surely someone must have an idea as to the route condition? 

Saw the tweet that the goodie bag will include a Racing Top and a Casual jacket (and the Versus Socks)

Please put up a pic of the goodie bag gear, whoever gets a chance? Would like to see how much warmth it'll provide!

attached pic of gear

Is the grey one a sleeveless or similar to a tracksuit top?

I was a sub and the original entry was for (to me it seem like) a very small lady. I will be at the race if anyone wants to swop gear. According to my entry it will be a ladies small and I am looking for a mens large. So if anyone knows about very small anyone, please tell them about this large anybody.

i see they back to salomon....unlucky for those who got those cheap chinese tops last year