Some handy info on the Giant Contact Switch Dropper Post

Skylark

I'm not sure, guess it would depend on the store. No harm in trying though, worst thing they can do is say no

The store I bought it from has relocated.. lol

I just hope it can be fixed, and not too serious problem.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe try taking it to a Giant concept store if you have one close to you and let them know that the store you got it from has relocated. Maybe they can help you, worth a try. Even if they won't honour the warranty they will be able to let you know if it can be fixed and what the cost would be

Proof of purchase should work too right?

That's a slip, in more mature parlance :D

I see there is a giant store at the CTICC?

I don't know about at the CTICC but there is one around the corner from there.

42 Hans Strijdom Ave

I see there is a giant store at the CTICC?

Probably have to take it back to the point of purchase though?

Probably have to take it back to the point of purchase though?

Well I took it into Giant here in Town.. let's wait and see what they say. Apparently what that do know is that

just on appearance, there is no stanchion wear so the cartridge is fine.

Well I took it into Giant here in Town.. let's wait and see what they say. Apparently what that do know is that

just on appearance, there is no stanchion wear so the cartridge is fine.

Stanchion wear has nothing to do with the condition of the cartridge, they're two totally separate parts.

• 1 month later...

What cable does the current version Giant dropper post use, does any std rear derailleur cable fit?

What is the biggest lug end the post can take, could I use a BMX brake cable that has quite a big lug end, will that fit into the post?

What cable does the current version Giant dropper post use, does any std rear derailleur cable fit?

What is the biggest lug end the post can take, could I use a BMX brake cable that has quite a big lug end, will that fit into the post?

It's a normal gear shifter cable. I don't THINK a brake lug would fit, but I could be wrong. 

a std gear cable (bullet type end) that slots into a black anodized adapter which in turn fits into the actuator on the post.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/_upload_us/MY16%20CONTACT%20SWITCH%20seatpost%20Manual%20EN.pdf

see 1:34 RE my point above

a std gear cable (bullet type end) that slots into a black anodized adapter which in turn fits into the actuator on the post.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/_upload_us/MY16%20CONTACT%20SWITCH%20seatpost%20Manual%20EN.pdf

see 1:34 RE my point above

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdT06EF_H6E

Thanks, how the heck did you find that manual!

Google nor the Giant website seemed to have any kind of manual?

So a shifter lug end is the biggest it can take, seemed on a few forums that you can use cables with up to a 5mm lug end in the dropper post side actuator arm?

So a shifter lug end is the biggest it can take, seemed on a few forums that you can use cables with up to a 5mm lug end in the dropper post side actuator arm?

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Ok Mr wise guy!

Please post the search words you used in Google to find the manual download, honestly I'd like to know because I had a good Google when I got my dripper post and was miffed and a bit surprised not to find anything.

Archived