Some handy info on the Giant Contact Switch Dropper Post

Skylark

My experience with connecting the cable to the bar remote(ergonomics on the stock 2016 remote is pretty good in my eyes) do not cut the cable inner to length until it's feed through the remote and lock screw portion, if you do its neigh impossible to feed the short length of cable through the hole without all the cable strands coming undone. What a mission!

Jip if its already cut its best to remove the remote completely when feeding the cable through. Less fiddly.....

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My experience with connecting the cable to the bar remote(ergonomics on the stock 2016 remote is pretty good in my eyes) do not cut the cable inner to length until it's feed through the remote and lock screw portion, if you do its neigh impossible to feed the short length of cable through the hole without all the cable strands coming undone. What a mission!

The remote works 100% but the way the cable loops out from 90° to the handlebar bothers me, in a totally cosmetic way.

I had the same experience! Ended up getting a new cable inner

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got a 1st Gen cartridge, or knows of a supplier that has some stock... Giant concept store can't even get!

post-27175-0-11727900-1465893074_thumb.jpg

Anyone got a 1st Gen cartridge, or knows of a supplier that has some stock... Giant concept store can't even get!

What!

So Giant is saying that the 2015 and previous posts are now redundant? (from what I understand they all use the same cartridge).

There was another poster in the dropper thread having the same issue, older post and Giant said no more cartridges avail, sorry for you.

beware of what a concept store tells you .... was at one the other day and they had no idea what the strap on the trail helmets were for ... a quick google search when I got to the office revealed that it is to retain your goggles .... just an example of a simple thing that the guys on the floor should know, or when seeing a new product come into the store, they should find out more info on.

I worked in a LBS when leaving school, sure as hell did my homework on all the products on the floor and those the LBS I worked for did not stock in order to give the best service I could to the Clients that came in........seems this was not the norm back then and is still not the norm today.

There are good guys out there, you just need to find them though.

Mine is the original Gen 1, not the newer 2014/2015 model. 

Spoke to the shop mechanic, he has one himself and apparently had the problem when he tried to replace his own cartridge. A google search showed one of the overseas online stores with stock of the gen 2 parts, but states the gen 1 is discontinued.

Mine is the original Gen 1, not the newer 2014/2015 model. 

Spoke to the shop mechanic, he has one himself and apparently had the problem when he tried to replace his own cartridge. A google search showed one of the overseas online stores with stock of the gen 2 parts, but states the gen 1 is discontinued.

Have to say it - Warranty time! When spares are no longer there, and an item needs to be replaced, they must come to the party. 

Or am I just being old world?

Have to say it - Warranty time! When spares are no longer there, and an item needs to be replaced, they must come to the party. 

Or am I just being old world?

Ignorant or unfeeling salesperson trying to push for a new one I suspect..........

Ok so my LBS fitted my first dropper yesterday. Riding this morning the darn thing when fully e tended kept sinking every 30 meters or so and I had to keep standing and popping it up. Try doing that for 40km... Any clues as to what the problem could be. Is there an easy fix.HELP

Ok so my LBS fitted my first dropper yesterday. Riding this morning the darn thing when fully e tended kept sinking every 30 meters or so and I had to keep standing and popping it up. Try doing that for 40km... Any clues as to what the problem could be. Is there an easy fix.HELP

Too much tension on cable or the mech is being jammed, had the same then it turned out to be cable was jammed(internal routing) putting ever so slight pull on the dropper, and it would drop and pop up once i stood...

Did the 60km Meerendal like that

Eish thanks... Don't have a clue to adjust either

Internally or Externally routed?

Giant dropper i assume?

There's an inline cable adjuster just after the bar remote, I'd try that first or at the bar remote you can loosen the cable inner lock screw and let the cable out a few mm, that should sort things out.

Whatever you do, do not pull the cable inner out of the bar remote as it is just about impossible to refit once it's been cut short after being fitted and will probably need replacing, which is quite a job.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived