Some handy info on the Giant Contact Switch Dropper Post

Skylark

Ok Mr wise guy!

Please post the search words you used in Google to find the manual download, honestly I'd like to know because I had a good Google when I got my dripper post and was miffed and a bit surprised not to find anything.

I typed in "giant dropper post cable replacement"

also if you don't type in dripper post you might get better results :P

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I typed in "giant dropper post cable replacement"

also if you don't type in dripper post you might get better results :P

That's what you typed in to find the manual?

That makes no sense unless it's Google tailored search returns that is fine tuning your returns according to your search history.

That's what you typed in to find the manual?

That makes no sense unless it's Google tailored search returns that is fine tuning your returns according to your search history.

I'm guessing it's a keyword search more than anything. More keywords hit, the more accurate the result

Anyone know where I could look for something like this:

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/2370/0yD886.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/5585/kLFDRl.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/7230/PXgIq4.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/1365/6hQs4e.png

Grub screws... I've bought from Bolt Fast or Bolt Engineering in the past

I'll have a grub screw in my toolbox but it's the other part I'm looking for

Anyone know where I could look for something like this:

Lyne ships these with their dropper. They're local, contact them and see if they can help you to source one.

Lyne ships these with their dropper. They're local, contact them and see if they can help you to source one.

and then let me know, if i can get 1 too!

There is a place in Kempton park called Cables and controls that would be able to help you.

I went to a car and bike cable place, they don't use those, they solder or crimp the lug on.

I went to a car and bike cable place, they don't use those, they solder or crimp the lug on.

boys and girls at Giant not have a spare one for you at all?

boys and girls at Giant not have a spare one for you at all?

They don't make/use them?

It's the bush mechanics amongst us who want to use shifters etc as the dropper remote, you have to reverse the cable and then you need a lug end at the post end..

I have the latest 125mm dropper post. It has worked well but after nearly a year has wear on the back side of the stanchion. It still works fine but I was wondering if anyone has managed to get Giant to replace the post or parts under warranty for this?

I have the latest 125mm dropper post. It has worked well but after nearly a year has wear on the back side of the stanchion. It still works fine but I was wondering if anyone has managed to get Giant to replace the post or parts under warranty for this?

Raydek has... 

Anyone been able to fix the excessive play issue?

I know all droppers has some play, but mine over time has become worse and worse. Tip of the saddle has about 5mm of left-right movement already. My 2 local LBS say that its normal for the Giant droppers to become that bad over time...

As for the other issues, mine has been perfect. Just clean the sanctions properly after every ride and unscrew the top cap to clean seal and add grease...

Archived