Cyclist down on Tiekiedraai last night - cause unknown

KarlvN

A colleague of mine just informed me she drove past a cycling accident on Tiekiedraai in Durbanville Hills yesterday on her drive home. Apparently the guy was lying in the road up against the barriers, looking pretty messed up. Does anyone have any details?

Edited by KarlvN

What I heard was that the guy was heading down Tiekiedraai- so he would have been doing high speed :eek: Guy was riding a matt black mtb and appeared to be allright as he was speaking to motorist at the scene. 4 cars stopped to assist. As to what exactly happened I am not sure, but maybe with the wind blowing so strong he might have drifted into the path of traffic and was clipped or maybe he was just blow off by a gust of wind :eek:

A colleague of mine just informed me she drove past a cycling accident on Tiekiedraai in Durbanville Hills yesterday on her drive home. Apparently the guy was lying in the road up against the barriers, looking pretty messed up. Does anyone have any details?

irresponsible thread title. 

What I heard was that the guy was heading down Tiekiedraai- so he would have been doing high speed :eek: Guy was riding a matt black mtb and appeared to be allright as he was speaking to motorist at the scene. 4 cars stopped to assist. As to what exactly happened I am not sure, but maybe with the wind blowing so strong he might have drifted into the path of traffic and was clipped or maybe he was just blow off by a gust of wind :eek:

Thanks Reg,

I suppose that is entirely possible since the wind was blowing trucks over on the Hugenote bridge :eek:.

I ride there often and that bend is super tight. Kudos to people for stopping to help. On my so far only incident on tar I was left to my own devices.

The details are unclear

The title implies that a car knocked the cyclist

Okay, perhaps. Since I made it entirely clear in my post that I actually was NOT sure of what happened, a car knocking a cyclist down is not entirely impossible??? This is a relatively frequent occurrence on our roads, so forgive me please...

MODS, can we change the thread title to "Cyclist (POSSIBLY) knocked down on Tiekiedraai last night, or then again it could be the wind."

Okay, perhaps. Since I made it entirely clear in my post that I actually was NOT sure of what happened, a car knocking a cyclist down is not entirely impossible??? This is a relatively frequent occurrence on our roads, so forgive me please...

MODS, can we change the thread title to "Cyclist (POSSIBLY) knocked down on Tiekiedraai last night, or then again it could be the wind."

you can DIY: use full editor.

No big deal

Changing it would be cool

Cyclists being killed is a charged and highly emotive issue

The title is thus important

The injured person was on a board and being loaded into an ambulance when I went past.  He appeared to be talking to the medics - so hopefully all good.  I didn't see any damaged vehicles so it is possible that it was wind related.  All speculation though...