First Look: 2016 Momsen VIPA XT

Nick

Love the look of this bike, well done Momsen!!  Internal cabling would have been great and the waterbottle cages make it look a bit bulky.  The orange colour is awesome and it reminds me of one of those weapons from District 9.http://i.imgur.com/DhGOOZE.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...leave it to momsen to come up with a worse paint job than those stupid flags!!!!!

The first thing it reminded me of was also a Cannondale for some reason, something to do ith the sudden transition between colours. Likewise the second thing that stuck out was ALL the cables, they really stand out. Maybe they should run orange cable housing and hoses. The worst cable probably being the long stretch to the shock. Hopefully they can do like BMC have done on their FourStroke and internally route this cable down the downtube then up the seattube and out right between the shock linkage. Although that doesn't solve the problem for the front derailleur cable, god forbid you ever want to run a dropper.

The first thing it reminded me of was also a Cannondale for some reason, something to do ith the sudden transition between colours. Likewise the second thing that stuck out was ALL the cables, they really stand out. Maybe they should run orange cable housing and hoses. The worst cable probably being the long stretch to the shock. Hopefully they can do like BMC have done on their FourStroke and internally route this cable down the downtube then up the seattube and out right between the shock linkage. Although that doesn't solve the problem for the front derailleur cable, god forbid you ever want to run a dropper.

am pretty certain there is already stealth routing for a dropper.

Internal Cable Routing for Dropper Seatposts

Another thing that really annoys me about this bike - the "XT" on the frame isn't the same font as Shimano's Deore XT signage/text. 

Always great to see everyone is an expert here.....

I can almost guarantee 90% of you guys moaning about the bike probably needs to get some more love from "mamma". 

The facts are. 

• ALL dealerships have launches EVERY year... that's where they show their new bikes. Its not the launch of an all new bike like car dealers do with say a whole new model. The fact that you dont know this  proves how expert your opinions are.

The differences are.. (LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU)

• ALL new XT 11 speed groupset (OBVIAAAS)
  • Upgraded Fork from EVO to Performance series
  • Hubs(XT)- NO ONE has ridden these apart form probably a hand full of testers, So wait to ride it before you judge or. Might be good (just sayin)
  • Second bottle cage (OBVIAS) Not alot of dual sus bikes allow 2 bottle cages and also keeps the center of gravity low, which, had you ridden your bikes and not moan on the hub, as you do, you would know is a big deal.
  • New Saddle
  • New Tyre
  • Internal cable issue- Try replacing it... on your own... you will beg for external. Also when the cable runs on the inside allot of times it rusts up a lot quicker. Solid housing prevents this there are also less exposed bends the cable can grind against causing friction

As we all know Orange is the new black...

If you don't like the bike... ride it, it will change your opinion.

I have ridden allot of bikes in my times. This thing is flippen good.

By the way. Think how boring our lives would have been if all our bikes was matte black with some sort of gloss decal.. BLEH wheres the imagination. 

When you were a kid, did you color in using black only(NO) and you had much more fun back then, be a kid again, isnt that why we ride our bikes, to forget about the daily lives making us grumpy forum bitchers.

Dont think like that man, HAVE FUN. Ride an flippen pink bike if its up you alley. Who cares.

BIG UPS Team MOMSEN! I think its FABULAAAS.. Oh and ps.. Cant wait to get mine in a couple of weeks. 

Dont think like that man, HAVE FUN. Ride an flippen pink bike if its up you alley. Who cares.

BIG UPS Team MOMSEN! I think its FABULAAAS.. Oh and ps.. Cant wait to get mine in a couple of weeks. 

I rode a pink bike and I liked it! 

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/10661286_575700835892181_1472113219_n.jpg

I rode a pink bike and I liked it! 

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/10661286_575700835892181_1472113219_n.jpg

Not as pink as my helmet....

http://www.harrysbikes.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/e/bell-faction-plain-12-sparklemagenta.jpg

Okay, without the pic there, that sounds REALLY dodgy

I like it a lot . The bike. Not Cappie's helmet. Serious question . Is this bike primarily aimed at marathoners or XC riders?