Bestmed Satellite Road Clssic

Bianchisti

How did it go?

Was very hot and a bit windy, but managed to improve my PR up Hekpoort by 1min40 seconds, so am just nervous now and not petrified, but hope that I'm still there by then and can hang on for a bit at least :)

Either way going to be a cool race!

Yes it was very hot and thank goodness for the wind that cooled us down a bit, otherwise we would have been biltong.

Had a nice easy ride (29 ave) with mates. Was disappointed with my legs up Hekpoort, but rode quite strongly against the wind on the way back and had plenty left in the tank. If it wasn't so hot, I probably would have done a loop around the dam. Both my bottles were empty, which seldom happens.

Kudo's for your PB. 1m 40s is quite an improvement. This was the first time I did Hekpoort with Strava, so I hope to have quite a number of PB's on Saturday. hehe

btw, did you rode with clothes similar to your profile pic? We passed (coming from the opposite direction) 4 guys going up hekpoort (klein hekpoort) and the one in the front looked similar to your profile pic. we were 5 riding together. Me and a buddy were in front, both lime green shirts (this was just a coincidence), my wife about 30m behind us and then another friend and his son a bit further back.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snip

btw, did you rode with clothes similar to your profile pic? We passed (coming from the opposite direction) 4 guys going up hekpoort (klein hekpoort) and the one in the front looked similar to your profile pic. we were 5 riding together. Me and a buddy were in front, both lime green shirts (this was just a coincidence), my wife about 30m behind us and then another friend and his son a bit further back.

Yip that was us (and me) I remember seeing you guys :)

Seeded me VA so looks like seeding not done properly again

Will reseed myself to A or B depends on how the legs feel.

I also got VA. From G at Race for Victory to VA at my very next race. #luckypacket

I'm in DL...still fairly new to JHB road racing scene so no clue how fast that group is going to be...maybe I should drop to EL. Im the only person I know doing this race, everyone else is at Shova or doing the Dual X

BL here ... again seems a lil ambitious, will start with em and see how it goes...possibly due to the lack of cyclists due to amashova I got upgraded...

I'm in EL and I started BL last year. Going to be tough to equal my time from last year starting further back.

Seeding for this race is definitely a mystery.  I'm in DL, should be seeded further back if I see where some of you guys are.  But I will start in DL and see if I can hang on...

Also in EL. Raced this from B or BL I guess two years ago and was fine so looking forward to it.

Headwind from top of Hekpoort when I last did it was nasty so gonna make sure I try and save something for that

BL here ... again seems a lil ambitious, will start with em and see how it goes...possibly due to the lack of cyclists due to amashova I got upgraded...

Going to downgrade myself to 80. My BL will achieve nothing other than killing me. Maybe somewhere along the middle of the 80s guys will be good.

apart from the SMS where could I get my starting time? someone entered for me.

ASG General enquiries 076 621 1807 else I guess when you collect your race pack

As the event is not listed on the racetec website.  

Who is doing the timing for this event?

Edited by shaper

ASG General enquiries 076 621 1807 else I guess when you collect your race pack

As the event is not listed on the recetec website.  

Who is doing the timing for this event?

According to the seeding email racetec will be doing the timing

Thanks for this. That breakfast was awesome- real value for money.

Glad you enjoyed. And if you feel the urge, park in Magaliesburg for a ride and have breakfast afterwards in Le Classique (across the road from the Spar). Great value and great food too! 

(Yes I eat and ride my way around Gauteng and the North West!)