Training in winter

Wife did not take it well when I went to stay in bike room when she was sick...

I stay in there most nights now with Bella...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first year I have not had flu during winter.

I have reduced the intensity rides, in other words no long rides that put strain on the body, I have kept it within the 3 hour mark, taking it nice and easy.

I also avoid shaking hands with other people, sanitised my hands after using the biometric reader in the office. I also eat food well away from co-workers (who were constantly ill)

Some may say it's a bit ocd-ish, but it has served me well.

Took high doses of vit C if i even suspected i may remotely get sick and regular zinc supplement.

Also took Enchinae 3 times a day as preventative steps when feeling paranoid about getting ill(but I am convinced it's the alcohol content more than anything else.)

Who knows if any of this **** helped, or if I just was lucky this season

There is nothing wrong with training in winter, the problem is your pansie immune system. 

There is nothing wrong with training in winter, the problem is your pansie immune system. 

One day when I'm big maybe I'll be as tough as you  :whistling:

I reckon those peoples that work in closed airconditioned environments are at risk hey

I fly regularly in those metal toothpaste tubes

Often struggle with a sniff

Fortunately nothing seriaas

How much hours are you sleeping at nights? I found that when I slept enough, i didnt get sick much with worst case being a cold. 

The times when I didnt get enough sleep is when I had flu, chest and throat infections.

How much hours are you sleeping at nights? I found that when I slept enough, i didnt get sick much with worst case being a cold. 

The times when I didnt get enough sleep is when I had flu, chest and throat infections.

I take 1000mg Vitamin C Daily and get 7-8 hours sleep.

I've been watching peeps in my office drop like flies this whole winter.

Guys. Thanks a lot for all the input here. So much info all of you have given me that I appreciate.

First thing I'm gonna get is a multivitamin and a buff or beanie to cover my ears. When I went out on Saturday, my ears were freezing and first thing I thought of when that coldness hit me was getting sick.

Archived