Sani2C riders banned after reporting flasher

Sidmouth

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats quite a comprehensive article...really explains everything in fine detail....

edit...thats better with news print scan

This doesn't make sense. Why would they be banned for reporting such an incident?

There's more to this than is being told.

I'm guessing that farmer Glen is not the friendly chap that he tries to make himself out to be on TV.

im sure glen wouldn't have banned them just for reporting the incident ..my guess is there was some after the fact back and forthing that was the cause of the banning

Newspaper couldn't even get the difference between pedalled and peddled right, they need to consult the Hub for correction on matters cycling before going to press.

Newspaper couldn't even get the difference between pedalled and peddled right, they need to consult the Hub for correction on matters cycling before going to press.

ive just got my neck right after reading that...i'm not going to go back and check that

That is a pity. I am all for building the rural community etc. etc. and that is what is done through these events as everyone knows, but then have the same people beg next to the road is really not suppose to happen. We all contribute towards these type of initiatives(rural development) in some way or form, facilitated through various channels, but really when out riding(in an event) one does not want to deal with beggars and naked rude people.

im sure glen wouldn't have banned them just for reporting the incident ..my guess is there was some after the fact back and forthing that was the cause of the banning

I agree, I wonder if anyone has the full story.

Why was she cycling alone, I thought this was a team event where you had to always stay together with your partner? Or at least within 2 mins.

I'm very certain we are only hearing a small (one-sided) part of a bigger story - no way Farmer Glen would ban someone for simply reporting an incident, pity he refused to comment,

Very concerning if this is true, why would they take it public if it was not true?. 

I was rather amused by the email farmer Glen sent out regarding next years event. Apparently doing S2C will make me a better person and therefore the people around me will be better people. But I must not complain*, I must appreciated that I can afford to do S2C, I must appreciate that I can ride a bike. It reminded me of being in a church service.

*I think they broke a, now written, rule of S2C

Here are the rules:

We have spent many hours debating new ideas for next year’s event. Once again we will focus a lot of our efforts onto the route. We plan on this being exciting and motivating, which will get you working harder on your health, fitness and skills. This will lead to a more positive you and hopefully a great role model and better person for all those around you.

Nedbank sani2c is not just about the 3 days of riding you will spend with others between the Drakensberg and the East Coast of KZN. It is also about us inspiring you, you inspiring those around you, and those inspiring those around them.

Challenging you to surprise yourself is something we have always tried to do at sani2c. This year we will make every effort to inspire you to bring your ‘A’ game to sani2c. Not only will this benefit you but it will inspire so many around youThey may be your work colleges, family or loved ones. In some indirect way sani2c aims to inspire thousands of people from all walks of life to lead a healthy more positive lifestyle.

Q. How do we plan on getting you to inspire others?

A. We are going to inspire you not only to be a better person but a role model who is in show room condition come May 2016.

Q. How?

A. Scare tactics through new exciting routes, longer days and stricter cut offs. We will encourage you to train harder and smarter, eat properly, lose weight and become more positive in all you do.

Through sani2c we will highlight some good old fashioned mountain biking values and manners like:

1. Never being selfish. At sani we need to share the trails. Understand that riders on their bikes have right of way. Pushers need to move aside. People with manners move over.
  2. Show respect to all. Landowners and helpers have sacrificed their land, time, businesses and opportunities for you and their communities. Show them some love even if it is just a smile.
  3. Never taking things for granted. Many people wish they could ride a mountain bike and sani2c. Some can’t afford it, some do not have the ability, mobility or health to attempt it and others simply cannot get in.
  4. Never complain or be critical unless you are constructive. We don’t control the weather, everyone is trying their best, sometimes we don’t get things right.
  5. Never be negative. Be positive and you will find positive people gravitating around you. This is good for you. Never squeal as the people you need around you will move away. This is not good for you. We cannot control the weather or change some terrain.  It is nature and our sport is called mountain biking, there are some hills we have to use. Sometimes it rains and there is mud, other times it is dusty. When the sun rises it is low and it may shine in your eyes as you drop into the Umkomaas.  Believe me it’s all good for you and those around you. Without them you may as well have stayed on the couch. We plan on toughening and skilling you up, this will help make you positive. Negative people will irritate the S..T out of you.
  6. Show respect to your environment. If you do this you will never ever litter ….and neither will your kids. 

This story does not make much sense at all. In the feedback letter from Farmer Glen he specifically mentioned that they will address the begging issue for next year. He supports the community through the event and said that their is no place for beggars on route. 

There is a lot of information missing from that article me thinks...

Archived