ScottCM

I see some idiot appeared on my facebook feed harping on about cancelling the 2 oceans and argus tours because of the water usage. I could not comment because of privacy issues, but it infuriated me so much I actually messaged the idiot. Drives me mad how ignorant someone can be about actual water usage these mass sporting events actually use. 

As such I actually calculated the figuresagain - using comrades as a base

sachets - 2 million - 200kl

showers 40000 - 1000kl

other water (misters and hosepipes - 200kl

thats 1400kl - avg annual usage for 30 households (a signal street in Cape Town). I reckon if you go to upper gardens you gonna see that consumption in 1 month from some of those households

Rant over

Yeah, and further... Argus is actually sending in 2 000 000 litres of water from upland to cover the tourist influx. And both events water for race day is also from outside for Cape Town. 

So it's no impact and a crap load of money coming into the Cape to help them cover the costs that lie ahead in getting out of this mess

But yeah, people like to bitch and moan - often without even having the slightest clue what they are bitching and moaning about  :blush:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and further... Argus is actually sending in 2 000 000 litres of water from upland to cover the tourist influx. And both events water for race day is also from outside for Cape Town. 

So it's no impact and a crap load of money coming into the Cape to help them cover the costs that lie ahead in getting out of this mess

But yeah, people like to bitch and moan - often without even having the slightest clue what they are bitching and moaning about  :blush:

My messenger message to him started like: "I see you posted some idiotic poll..." dont think he will take too lightly to that   :lol:

...and you can remove showers from your calculations - I think both events said that there will be no shower facilities. 

Little bit off topic. I need 2 persons to join my Vitality team. I have to kick my 2 friends off as they are bloody inactive and keep on costing me a extra smoothie every week. :whistling:

Edited by Lexx

Little bit off topic. I need 2 persons to join my Vitality team. I have to kick my 2 friends off as they are bloody inactive and keep on costing me a extra smoothie every week. :whistling:

What are the requirements?

...and you can remove showers from your calculations - I think both events said that there will be no shower facilities.

Although people will still shower at the hotel

Can you do some light exercise while on Antibiotics. I've picked up a tummy bug and currently on Ciproxx. But I feel much better now, and don't wanna loose out on some training?

Ciprofloxacin (Ciproxx is just one of the many trade names. Original Ciprobay)

It is one of the class  Fluoroquinolones (Quinilones)  antibiotics.

Been assosiated  with Tendinopathy and tendon rupture. 

There is a bit of controversy about it,  but that is what I was taught. 

I would avoid exercise, especially anything involving weights.

Take a rest, you will benefit from it and stomach bugs normally does not take to long sort out.

Most other classes antibiotics are not an issue with the exercise in itself,  as mentioned by Pulse & SeaBee

Just my 2cent. Hope it helps. 

Edited by IH8MUD

Vitality Team rewards ended in October 2017

The Extra Weekly Smoothie for 2 Friends hitting targets ended in October 2017

So no extra Smoothie's for anyone anymore

it was replaced by the hit 3 targets in a row and get a Bonus Spin Surprise Reward.... which pretty much ends up being a free smoothie anyway (think I got a R150 voucher once)

Edited by Ferret69

Vitality Team rewards ended in October 2017

:oops:

You're right, I remember now. That's why they brought in that Surprise Reward... :eek:

The Extra Weekly Smoothie for 2 Friends hitting targets ended in October 2017

So no extra Smoothie's for anyone anymore

it was replaced by the hit 3 targets in a row and get a Bonus Spin Surprise Reward.... which pretty much ends up being a free smoothie anyway (think I got a R150 voucher once)

ha ha ha, blond Moment. I had my Surprise spin last week....

I always land on that bloody free smoothie one.

Edited by Lexx

Just be able to reach your target/points every week.

Ah okay, moved from Discovery to Momentum last year so I wont be able to contribute

Ciprofloxacin (Ciproxx is just one of the many trade names. Original Ciprobay)

It is one of the class  Fluoroquinolones (Quinilones)  antibiotics.

Been assosiated  with Tendinopathy and tendon rupture. 

There is a bit of controversy about it,  but that is what I was taught. 

I would avoid exercise, especially anything involving weights.

Take a rest, you will benefit from it and stomach bugs normally does not take to long sort out.

Most other classes antibiotics are not an issue with the exercise in itself,  as mentioned by Pulse & SeaBee

Just my 2cent. Hope it helps. 

Bloody horrible stuff... I felt like I had ligament damage without even doing anything when on them.

Never again will I take that stuff 

Definitely, the pricing is pretty good in my books... even at small quantities you'll probably find them cheaper than buying a bunch of brand peaks at Totalsports etc.

Give Elton the rep for Joburg a shout: Elton Herridge 082 336 5833 / elton@anatomic.co.za

Slightly off topic. Why none of those nice Caffeine Machine cycling caps at the Beyers Naude shop....went there to get one but alas....

You getting more in?