ScottCM

Also in a similar boat - calf not coming right... going to do a little tester in the morning hopefully and then might run PnP slowly with the wife on Sunday, but it's been very frustrating.

Need to get back up to speed pretty quickly while making sure not to get injured again - such an easy task  :ph34r:

How did the tester go? 

Did you run PnP?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else unable to change their shoes on Strava runs?   Both myself and my wife's profiles does not allow us to "Add a discription" and change our shoes of our run on Saturday.

Anybody else unable to change their shoes on Strava runs? Both myself and my wife's profiles does not allow us to "Add a discription" and change our shoes of our run on Saturday.

You should be able to select which shoes when you edit the activity? As long as you've got your shoes saved in gear

Edited by b-rad

That is good news! I have to wait another 4 years minimum then before considering the big C.

Only is you are fine with being average...  :P :D

You should be able to select which shoes when you edit the activity? As long as you've got your shoes saved in gear

That's the thing.  When I click on "add a description" (edit) it does not open the edit screen.

Edited by Jackes

Anybody else unable to change their shoes on Strava runs?   Both myself and my wife's profiles does not allow us to "Add a discription" and change our shoes of our run on Saturday.

On the PC. 

Open the activity. 

Click "Edit this activity"  Pen in the left bottom on PC view.  Under "Matched Runs"

Change the shoe or bike.   The Drop-down under the "Tags" tab and Above the "photos" block.    

Save changes

Edited by IH8MUD

Open the activity. 

Click "Edit this activity"  Pen in the left bottom on PC view.  Under "Matched Runs"

Change the shoe or bike. 

Save changes

Ahh, apparently I don't do pictures well    :blush:

How did the tester go? 

Did you run PnP?

Survived a little 6km trot on Sat, but the calf was a little tender to say the least after - decided against PnP - just too risky with such a busy period approaching.

Running later and hopefully building on from there  :thumbup: 

Hou bene hou  :blush:

That is bull. Same age and I started running 2-3 years ago. Feeling much better than I did when just cycling.

Start easy, build up slowly. Run trails, the little less repetitive nature of terrain helps a lot. But first build up running fitness! Have fun. But start slowly and build up gradually. Otherwise you're looking for trouble, no matter what your age is.

I second this

Saw a BBC programme a few weeks ago where they debunked the concept that running is bad for your joints.

Obvisouly to much of anything is bad, running a couple of hours a week is not to much and will provide way more benifet than not running.

That being said, starting out needs to be taken seriously and rather do less than more. It takes at least 6 months for your body to adapt to running from scratch.

Enjoy????

Just retired my Asics Nimbus 18 pair on Strava - record mileage of 1136km.

Joh!!

You got your moneys worth, my current shoes are on about 500km (Kilometers) and already I feel the niggle to chuck them

Edited by SwissVan

Joh!!

You got your moneys worth, my current shoes are on about 500k and already I feel the niggle to chuck them

500k? IM not suprised..500 000 is brilliant mileage..I think that's a record

anyone selling comrades entry ? please let me know

Come April there will be hundreds.. Just train like you doing it and qualify now anyway

My Nimbus 17 have done 1168km, but sadly my big toes are poking through. My Asics Trabuco trails shoes are on 940km..and im dreading retiring them because they are just the best.

Thinking of moving from Nimbus to the Brooks Ghost..my Nimbus had far too much cushioning when I started on them and my feet would go numb...not sure if that was cos of the cushioning but had no problem in my trail shoes.  If I could find the road version of the Trabuco, id be really happy!

Just retired my Asics Nimbus 18 pair on Strava - record mileage of 1136km. 

age old question most likely....BUT

How long do you keep you guys keep your shoes? My Brooks Revenna is now 1200km. The sole wear pattern is EXCELLENT and only minor scuffs on the upper, no collpsed support at all. Just doesn't feel right to replace yet. Not having show related niggles either.

Is 1200km to much?

I can normally feel when it is time to retire my shoes. My feet get hot and I get lower back pain. 

If you don't feel any niggles and the sole patterns still look good then keep going with them.