ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why it took them so long to make a decision.

No refunds and no carry over to 2021.

This is upsetting for a lot of runners as they can barely afford the entry fee. Surely the entrants of 2020 can get some sort off discount for 2021?

Will you be wearing this year's t-shirt if they post it to you? 

This is upsetting for a lot of runners as they can barely afford the entry fee. Surely the entrants of 2020 can get some sort off discount for 2021?

Can I get my back to back medal?  I have completed every kilometre of the race for both the 2019 and 2020 editions :whistling:

Edited by Craai

Can I get my back to back medal?  I have completed every kilometre of the race for both the 2019 and 2020 editions :whistling:

post-3664-0-69693600-1589452598_thumb.jpg

It will be the most expensive t shirt I own. I will use it until my nipples chafe holes in it.

Edited by Mudsimus

It's such a shame. I'm sure they were looking at all options and trying to see which direction things might be heading in the coming months to see if there is likely to be any improvements. There is absolutely no doubt it was a very tough decision to make - regardless if it was seen as an obvious one given the disaster the world is in. Corona is not the disaster, the world has made it one by the decisions they've made.

It's a risk we take when entering events that we may not take part for some strange reason and as a result won't get a refund. Or maybe a freak event of nature might result in a cancelled event and there are no refunds. This situation is no different. No refunds. Simple. It says clearly on the entry details page on the Comrades website "Entry fees are not refundable under any circumstances". If an individual feels like they cannot afford to lose the amount of an entry fee, even though the chance of this happening is close to zero most of the time, then they shouldn't enter.

Maybe what they could do is offer preference on entries for the 2021 race for those who had entered for 2020 to avoid 2020 entrants from being unable to enter? But at the normal entry fee

Maybe what they could do is offer preference on entries for the 2021 race for those who had entered for 2020 to avoid 2020 entrants from being unable to enter? But at the normal entry fee

I dont see how 2021 entries will be a problem. We probably wont see a rush at pre entries like we did this year. Runners will be very reluctant to enter if the running calendar isnt back on track by then.

I dont see how 2021 entries will be a problem. We probably wont see a rush at pre entries like we did this year. Runners will be very reluctant to enter if the running calendar isnt back on track by then.

2021 is the 100th year (not 100th running) so perhaps many novices will want to be a part of it.

Hi folks.

I need a  shoe recommendation please.

My two favourite shoes are the  Nike Vaporfly 4% and the  Nike Zoomfly flyknit.

The Vaporfly's  were  bought first but the soles perished quite quickly so I bought the Zoomfly as they had a slightly tougher sole. 

Both of these  shoes are discontinued and the replacements are really difficult to find. Can anyone offer me some good advice on an alternative pair of shoes?

post-18409-0-02461000-1589580836_thumb.jpg

post-18409-0-65008200-1589580851_thumb.jpg

Hi folks.

I need a shoe recommendation please.

My two favourite shoes are the Nike Vaporfly 4% and the Nike Zoomfly flyknit.

The Vaporfly's were bought first but the soles perished quite quickly so I bought the Zoomfly as they had a slightly tougher sole.

Both of these shoes are discontinued and the replacements are really difficult to find. Can anyone offer me some good advice on an alternative pair of shoes?

We're you running everything in your vaporfly's? They are a race shoe.. They only have like 200mi maximum in them. I can ask my mate what Nike's he runs all good training runs in.. But he's a nike fundi

I’ve been using the zoom flyknit as my trainer and the next % as my race shoe. The next % you can still get but it’s hard to come by, the flyknit has been replaced by the zoom fly 3. If you in Joburg you can get the zoom fly 3 at the Nike Factory store in woodmead although it’s sometimes hard to find your size.

Hi folks.

I need a  shoe recommendation please.

My two favourite shoes are the  Nike Vaporfly 4% and the  Nike Zoomfly flyknit.

The Vaporfly's  were  bought first but the soles perished quite quickly so I bought the Zoomfly as they had a slightly tougher sole. 

Both of these  shoes are discontinued and the replacements are really difficult to find. Can anyone offer me some good advice on an alternative pair of shoes?

Look at the Pegasus 36 (think the 37 might be out soon) and also the Turbo 2 to replace the flyknit.  Keep the 4% for races rather than training shoes

Edited by shaper

Stupid question: Do “race shoes” really make a difference to time?

Asking for a friend [emoji16]

Well if you are a 59kg elite level athlete with 0.1% body fat a shaved head body....then every gram definetly makes a difference.

Many moons ago i was not the above but raced short distances up to 10km (mostly dualthlons and tri's) with Nike Vendettas (Fordyce used to run comrades in them) and i swear they helped make me feel faster...and they also hurt my feet more