ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any strengthening ideas to help get over hip flexor tendonitus.? 

Rest to let the muscles heal up.

I have the same issue now in my left leg. Swim and cycling is fine. Can't run. Not a happy camper. Off to physio tomorrow and have a new regimen of pre and post run stretching to do. 

Well Done Stretch. B Seeding for Comrades. Awesome time. Will see you in the B-Batch. [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Thanks lexx. Was really chuffed to achieve my goal. Conditions were perfect.. But the legs were still broken those last few km's!

Buffs Half yesterday

Did not have a good week (and a club fund raiser on Friday night [emoji12] ) so I was planning to take it easy.

Started real easy and joined a running buddy at around 6km and as it goes we got chatting about life and all that's happening (you know solving the world's problems and all that). Next thing I knew we had 2k left and I had 12min to get a PB and one mean hill left to go.

I picked up the pace slightly knowing I had that last 400m hill before the end, had to dig deep sprinting up but I got my new PB.

1h49 taking 5min off my previous 21k PB = one very happy running fat boy

The sprint

post-38473-14881323806419.jpg

Celebrating with club mates

post-38473-14881324067553.jpg

Thanks lexx. Was really chuffed to achieve my goal. Conditions were perfect.. But the legs were still broken those last few km's!

Congrats bud, where is the race report?

ok...ok ...race report time

Was  bit worried about my little abductor strain before but after a warm up run on saturday with a few small sprints it seemed ok saturday afternoon. As a precautionary I popped a myprodol that morning and lined up with the rest of the 6000 runners. The conditions were absolutely perfect - cool and overcast  - and a relatively flat course (390m was the total ascent)

We got quite close to the start because last year was a nightmare and our first Km was over 6mins...but it all seemed to go smoothly and we hit the tar at pace. no issues with the leg and I forgot about for the next 3 odd hours. Perhaps a bit of adrenalin kicking in but we sailed through the first 10 rapidly and too fast at an average of 4:35. At the turn we went through at 1:37 for the half..and all was looking good for my goal of a sub 3:20. Went through some dark space between 23 and 30 odd, but started to pick up a rhythm again going up a long very gradual climb. At race-marker 32 with 10 to go i was on 2:29 - so basically had 5 min k's to go from there. I was kind of confident as the last 8km's home is predominantly down and quite fast...but nothing is easy at that point of a marathon. I got through the main hill section by issuing a few walks at the tables and let my legs do some hard work from 34 onward. with a k to go I knew I had it in the bag and took the foot of the gas to ease in at 3:17:56

splits were pretty even:

0 to 21.1 - 1:37

21.1 to 42.2 - 1:42

All in all  - a PB for me - and a good day out

our small sub 3:20 bus...don't know what happened to my shoe

post-7169-0-40914500-1488178599_thumb.jpg

Does anybody else find it intriguing.

Cycling: Feel a niggle and you bean yourself (The world is going to end) and take time off, don't train or race. Basically become soccer players.

Running: If you are not running with a niggle of some kind you are not training hard enough. Go for a run, feel something getting tight. Keep going for another 10km because that is what you had to do that day. 

Does anybody else find it intriguing.

Cycling: Feel a niggle and you bean yourself (The world is going to end) and take time off, don't train or race. Basically become soccer players.

Running: If you are not running with a niggle of some kind you are not training hard enough. Go for a run, feel something getting tight. Keep going for another 10km because that is what you had to do that day. 

I thought I had an injury once when I was cycling a lot...I look back it at now and laugh!

I thought I had an injury once when I was cycling a lot...I look back it at now and laugh!

Crashes aside, and one setup failure induced knee niggle, riding is such a breeze on the body...

Running on the other hand  :lol: 

Vaal Marathon this Sunday and I'm shooting impressive lumo snot rockets - loaded up on drugs and hoping for the best! :(