ScottCM

I have a pair of Dyad 10 and dislike them intensely. They really do not work with my flat feet. My Saucony’s on the other hand are an absolute pleasure. Not a moments discomfort.

Also went to MBR sport because my Brooks Ghost 10's were killing my legs in races and actually started to doubt my fitness. Did a full run analysis and bought a pair of Saucony Ride 10's which is a neutral show with slightly more stability than others. This DRASTICALLY improved my running and will never look back.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also been to SBR for an assessment about a year and a half ago.

I do not have any compliants.

For me it was money well spend.

I have also been to SBR for an assessment about a year and a half ago.

I do not have any compliants.

For me it was money well spend.

Could you share the full name (SBR = ?) and contact details, i'd be interested in going for a decent running assessment on my next trip to JNB

Thanks 

Well I’m feeling quite down today. After months of misdiagnosis, seeing four different physios, a sports doctor and a chiropractor I ended up at the Sports Science Institute in Newlands yesterday. Turns out that what I thought was some adductor tendonitis initially and what has been diagnosed as osteitis pubis could very well be a pubic ramus stress fracture. This obviously sucks big time for me. Am going for a MRI on Monday morning to confirm but the doctor seems quite sure and after putting all the warning signs and symptoms together from the past few months it does seem extremely likely.

So definitely no running for me for the next couple of months. Already missed Cape Town Marathon and will miss Winelands as well. If I can still run Comrades and Oceans next year it will be a battle to get the fitness levels up and qualify in time.

Anybody else have some experience with injury? Running and hiking is a no no but would I be able to continue cycling? Suppose I should stick to the road? Years ending very badly for me [emoji30]

Well I’m feeling quite down today. After months of misdiagnosis, seeing four different physios, a sports doctor and a chiropractor I ended up at the Sports Science Institute in Newlands yesterday. Turns out that what I thought was some adductor tendonitis initially and what has been diagnosed as osteitis pubis could very well be a pubic ramus stress fracture. This obviously sucks big time for me. Am going for a MRI on Monday morning to confirm but the doctor seems quite sure and after putting all the warning signs and symptoms together from the past few months it does seem extremely likely.

So definitely no running for me for the next couple of months. Already missed Cape Town Marathon and will miss Winelands as well. If I can still run Comrades and Oceans next year it will be a battle to get the fitness levels up and qualify in time.

Anybody else have some experience with injury? Running and hiking is a no no but would I be able to continue cycling? Suppose I should stick to the road? Years ending very badly for me [emoji30]

man that sucks, my 2c is that it is an opportunity to try a new sport, maybe some swimming or paddling till you can run again and maintain fitness...

I had my X-rays and MRI's done yesterday, got lucky doc says I did the right thing pulling out of KK100, there is swelling in and around my knee, but no serious damage. He says my ITB is super tight again which he can't believe after the surgery and rehab work I have done so it is back to the bio to get that ship back on course and basically runners knee causing the pain. So I will taper the distance down a bit and go from there, will run from next week again, been doing some light spinning and plenty of swimming and paddling this week to remain sane. The girlfriend literally kicks me out the house if I don't train for a few days, apparently I am impossible without it...

I used to think that Itb was an irritating injury but man was I wrong. Scary thing is it looks as if I ran through Comrades with this. What bugs me is that it seems to be worsening now as I feel the pain constantly especially when walking. Putting on pants has become a mission. Strangely enough no pain when cycling.

man that sucks, my 2c is that it is an opportunity to try a new sport, maybe some swimming or paddling till you can run again and maintain fitness...

I had my X-rays and MRI's done yesterday, got lucky doc says I did the right thing pulling out of KK100, there is swelling in and around my knee, but no serious damage. He says my ITB is super tight again which he can't believe after the surgery and rehab work I have done so it is back to the bio to get that ship back on course and basically runners knee causing the pain. So I will taper the distance down a bit and go from there, will run from next week again, been doing some light spinning and plenty of swimming and paddling this week to remain sane. The girlfriend literally kicks me out the house if I don't train for a few days, apparently I am impossible without it...

Sorry, Dave. Did you pull out at Rockwood? Difficult decision, I'm sure, especially when your head is probably messing with you as well. I saw Franci in tears after injuring her foot just past Mbona. Hugely frustrating to have to accept the race situation and the work that lies ahead but I hope it comes right soon and you're back on track with your goals.

I pulled out just before bushwillow, got a friend to come collect me.

Franci was in a world of hurt and if you see the X-ray she posted on IG her foot was properly broken, She walked atleast 9km with it, flipping hardcore.

It is a bitter pill to swallow and I hate not finishing, but I also have a big A1 race coming up and it is a pressure event. Also signed up for Itera next year so long term goals are more important.

We were sitting at Bushwillow at 7pm, my husband was waiting to pace one of our friends...I tell you what, its takes some kinda guts to leave that warm spot in rain, mist,mud and dark to continue running.  My hat off to the pacers, they may not have done the full 50 or 100, but most of them did phenominal jobs of getting the runners to the next pacer person. I dont think I wouldve happily gone out into the scary dark and rain. 

I think at the finish when the last couple of runners came in, there was not a dry eye in sight.  

I pulled out just before bushwillow, got a friend to come collect me.

Franci was in a world of hurt and if you see the X-ray she posted on IG her foot was properly broken, She walked atleast 9km with it, flipping hardcore.

It is a bitter pill to swallow and I hate not finishing, but I also have a big A1 race coming up and it is a pressure event. Also signed up for Itera next year so long term goals are more important.

it's a short one, what pressure?

Strange question but am I the only who who have toe nails that just keeps falling off.

I have two toes that constantly gives me a pain in the butt. 

If I remember correctly the shape is called a hammer toe

Once they grow back to full it is basically a week or two and then they are all blue again and the process repeats itself.

I am now thinking of having them removed permanently.

Have any of you had this done and can you recommend a podiatrist?

it's a short one, what pressure?

short means fast, and we want to try improve some points and try strengthen the points standings...